Home

NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue

Ok so I know we're all excited about 12 but I'm still hooked on 11...

I have a recruiting issue

I'm in 2015 with SMU (week 2)... I'm in contract year 6 of 7.

It seems like I can get 5* and 4*'s listing me in their top 10 schools but rarely am I high on their board

I follow a rule where if I'm -250 I do not recruit a prospect.

My classes we always seem to fill up with 20-25 guys but I usually land only 1 4* or 2...

How do I get those 4 and 5's or is it just luck of the draw? I'm starting to feel like they're just bait for me to waste minutes but then I thought hmm if they're consistently there then maybe I'm doing something wrong so let me ask.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue

The powerhouse programs have better pitches than you do. Thus gain more points with the recruits per phone call than you do. I imagine Texas is a real pain in your side.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Banned

I haven't even climbed the ladder that high yet I don't think... Right now it's A&M and Houston usually
Old 05-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
The powerhouse programs have better pitches than you do. Thus gain more points with the recruits per phone call than you do. I imagine Texas is a real pain in your side.
Yea start scheduling some of those Texas schools. Once you start beating them on the field it gets much easier to beat them in recruiting.

For me the first week I look at the players that have me #1 and try to get instant commits. After that I only recruit 10 players at a time with an hour per week. Sometimes you have to take some chances on players you don't think that you can get.

In the end though when you're winning on the field, recruiting in Texas will get really easy and you will start pulling 4/5* left and right.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

Also, try to schedule a player visit ASAP. As sonn as you find MOST, and 2 VERY HIGH's. Getting a big lead is your key.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Also, try to schedule a player visit ASAP. As sonn as you find MOST, and 2 VERY HIGH's. Getting a big lead is your key.
Yea the CPU gives up once you get up by a certain amount. Then whether committed or not the player is pretty much yours.

Also if you miss on a few recruits mid season, you can search for recruits that are still in top 10 or top 8 commitment status. There are usually around 60-100 3* that dont have any offers.

Last edited by Catamount53; 05-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaajunky12
I have a recruiting issue

I'm in 2015 with SMU (week 2)... I'm in contract year 6 of 7.

It seems like I can get 5* and 4*'s listing me in their top 10 schools but rarely am I high on their board

I follow a rule where if I'm -250 I do not recruit a prospect.

My classes we always seem to fill up with 20-25 guys but I usually land only 1 4* or 2...

How do I get those 4 and 5's or is it just luck of the draw? I'm starting to feel like they're just bait for me to waste minutes but then I thought hmm if they're consistently there then maybe I'm doing something wrong so let me ask.

Thanks
You're right, generally if you are -250 you will have a tough time getting them to commit, unless your schools is rated highly in just about every category. But pay attention to how far their interest bar is as well, and if they are Top 8 or Top 10 with their teams yet.

5 star guys are tough to get if you aren't one of the powerhouse schools in NCAA 11, and it's very difficult to recruit against the powerhouse schools because they are an A+ in just about everything. I don't recommend pursuing them unless you are close to the top b/c the other schools recruiting them will spend a lot of time on them and have a lot to offer.

If you really want to get some 4 star talent on your team I would find the top 10 guys within your pipeline states that you are within range with or close to within range with. Also look for guys that are at Top 10 instead of Top 8. You'll want to invest 60 minutes in them every week. If someone commits to you or another school just add a new player.

By about week 8 or 9 you will be adding the 3 star guys that you would normally end up with so it's worth the risk and you can usually score a couple of a 4 star guys that way.

If your school isn't "ready" to recruit 4 star talent yet, I still recommend taking a gamble on maybe 1 or 2 4 star guys and then just pushing for the highest rated 3 star guys that you can get.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Yea start scheduling some of those Texas schools. Once you start beating them on the field it gets much easier to beat them in recruiting.

For me the first week I look at the players that have me #1 and try to get instant commits. After that I only recruit 10 players at a time with an hour per week. Sometimes you have to take some chances on players you don't think that you can get.

In the end though when you're winning on the field, recruiting in Texas will get really easy and you will start pulling 4/5* left and right.
My problem with adding them is that I don't play the games I just watch the CPU play them while I'm working etc.

So for instance my C rated team is 2-1 after having lost to FCS SE... it seems like when the cpu plays the games ur team is a grade level or two below where they are...

So if I schedule TTU ANM and UT and lose to all 3 going .500 on the year will that help me in recruiting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »