Home

Official NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Blogs Incoming This Week

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Blogs Incoming This Week within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #41
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Official NCAA 12 Dynasty Blog

The question that got me most excited from the Q&A was this one:

1. Will coaches recruit to their style of play?

A: 1) Yes... more specifically they'll recruit to the style their playbook is set at. It's determined by the player "style" (ex. scrambler, pocket passer, etc.)

After last year, how can any one not be excited for this at least?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Feeling a certain way that IGN paid to spill the beans early on thursday. Also this is the same way everyone felt after finding out Carousel wasn't in last year. But ncaa 11 ended up being a good day anyway. So while I'm disappointed that IGN spilled the beans and we'll get blogs throughout the week with a little more in depth info. Overall happy what NCAA will be. So now I wait for my Teambuilder info hopefully going active in three weeks.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #43
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The question that got me most excited from the Q&A was this one:

1. Will coaches recruit to their style of play?

A: 1) Yes... more specifically they'll recruit to the style their playbook is set at. It's determined by the player "style" (ex. scrambler, pocket passer, etc.)

After last year, how can any one not be excited for this at least?
That sounds great to me. Nothing more frustrating that a Peyton Manning trying to run option reads.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

It makes no sense that you couldn't change all bowl tie-ins. Just think about it. Every big conference has 8, 9+ tie-ins. But if you cut the conference down to 4 teams like we are allowed to, then what? Only that really sucks is now that I know I can use my setups from past years, but there will be 3x as many bowl games as there were back then. You can't delete conferences, but can you delete bowls
Old 05-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #45
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
That sounds great to me. Nothing more frustrating that a Peyton Manning trying to run option reads.
they added this afterward so GTech can still recruit pocket passers

Quote:
One thing regarding that, if a very highly regarded player is very interested in a school, the school will still give him a look even if he doesn't necessarily fit into their scheme. However in an option team instance, they'll weigh the scrambler QB considerably higher than the pocket QB so they might go after a 4-star option QB instead of the 5-star pocket QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #46
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It makes no sense that you couldn't change all bowl tie-ins. Just think about it. Every big conference has 8, 9+ tie-ins. But if you cut the conference down to 4 teams like we are allowed to, then what? Only that really sucks is now that I know I can use my setups from past years, but there will be 3x as many bowl games as there were back then. You can't delete conferences, but can you delete bowls
Me personally I wouldn't change everybowl, but having just the bcs ranking to determine who would go to a bcs bowl game is a good option vs bcs tie ins
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #47
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It will randomly select a bowl eligible team to substitute in. That's how it has worked in the past when a conference didn't have enough eligible teams (sometimes it even put in a non-eligible team with a losing record).

Either way, it has tempered all excitement for custom conferences. I understand this is the first year and everything, but it kind of seems they had a lack of foresight when implementing some of these features.

I'm still purchasing. I need a NCAA with updated conferences. But that's pretty much the only thing I'm happy about right now. Can't even edit players in dynasty. Oh well. Shouldn't have got so excited in the first place, lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #48
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
they added this afterward so GTech can still recruit pocket passers
That's not necessarily a bad thing though, so long as long as they're not indiscriminately recruiting players like last year.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »