Home

Player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #73
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player editing in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Dont' get me wrong I would love to have this feature, especially if it came to editing recruits. But to say you won't buy the game just because you can't add+2 to someone's tackle or lower a WR height by 2 inches is a bit ridiculous to me. This game looks far too promising to be over-dramatizing THAT much.
I only buy one sports game a year. I am not being overly dramatic at all. Madden looks better to me right now than NCAA, and player editing is a big reason why because I know the chances are something will be wrong with the ratings shipped in NCAA this year as there have been problems with the 09, 10, and 11 versions that I own. Believe me when I say it is easy to switch to Madden if it does indeed turn out better when all I have seen from NCAA is a bad 09, satisfactory 10, and good 11.

Obviously the tackle ratings example is just that, an example. There are dozens of changes I would love to make across many positions in the game, but I am unable to because I don't have the ability to aside from the initial rosters which generally makes the efforts meaningless when the main joy I take from dynasty is rebuilding bad programs.

Why should my dynasty suffer because EA wants to stop some inevitable new online cheese?
Why should I have to pray and wait for EA tuning updates when I could have the ability to apply my own tuning updates when it comes to ratings?
Why should I put up with any self conceived ratings problems from an NCAA game that doesn't trust me enough to utilize an editor when I can buy Madden and change any ratings that irk me?

Many of the changes the NCAA team are making are exceptional and welcome, but at this point, with the information I have so far, I have come to the conclusion that Madden would be a welcome change of pace, and may just yet give me the ability to form the game into something more akin to what I want to play.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #74
Rookie

woody56's Arena

Is it even believable, that still after e3 this issue hasn't been answered once by any developer? Not even a mention.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #75
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

EA likes to duck and dodge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #76
Banned

NDIrish156's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
The only way I will not be pissed off about this, is if they fixed the recruit generator so that it no longer churns out 5'6 165lbs power backs or 6'7 185lbs DE's, or at the very least increased height weight progression. They keep talking about CC being the most requested addition over the years, well the whole height weight thing has been the most requested fix.
Thats what pisses me off almost more than anything with this game...the height weight thing is rediculous...
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #77
Banned

NDIrish156's Arena

OVR: 0

Didnt they say at one point that they made changes in recruiting? i swear i saw it somewhere
Old 06-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish156
Didnt they say at one point that they made changes in recruiting? i swear i saw it somewhere
ben said recruits will now mirror default rosters. It was in the live chat
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #79
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Is it even believable, that still after e3 this issue hasn't been answered once by any developer? Not even a mention.
I asked in all the chats and events
Old 06-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #80
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Considering how passionate people seem about this feature its hard to blame them for ducking on it.

They did say recruiting has been tuned so hopefully that will be enough to get people by.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »