Home

So We Will Have To Pay To Use Online Dynasty Web Contents???

This is a discussion on So We Will Have To Pay To Use Online Dynasty Web Contents??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: So We Will Have To Pay To Use Online Dynasty Web Contents???

This is far from a new practice. Some act as if EA is the only company who does this. Maybe you guys of don't play a lot of video games or something because almost everyone is doing this in some fashion. Also, as I understand it, only the commissioner of the league has to pay. If you're not a commish it doesn't pertain to you.

edit: just read the post above mine. Well said.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 05-24-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This is far from a new practice. Some act as if EA is the only company who does this. Maybe you guys of don't play a lot of video games or something because almost everyone is doing this in some fashion. Also, as I understand it, only the commissioner of the league has to pay. If you're not a commish it doesn't pertain to you.

I'd like to hear what other games do this on the same level as EA does. I understand it is only for commish's... guess what, every online dynasty needs a commish, so it's pretty much necessary that someone you know will have to pay for this "new feature". For the Madden microtransactions it would be like Call of Duty charging you for the camo on the guns. Like MLB the show charging you to change the bat color.

EA just isn't consistent with their products, and it is clear why that is. Is it coincidence that FIFA, which has a competitor who EA was lagging behind for a few years and is now taking over, has a free ultimate team app? I mean seriously they allowed you to recruit from the web last year, how hard is it to have it so you can advance the week as well?

And to the post above yours, yes, I hear every year about all of the new features, additions, physics changes and we get the same game. Congratulations, they caught you with their bait. It's pathetic that the big sad or big happy face recruiting system is miles behind the system in College Hoops 2k8. Hopefully this years new changes don't break the game like they did a few years ago.

I know this is a rant and sounds mad but this is how it starts, you take these micro charges and then THANK EA for doing it and it just creates a horrible environment for the consumers.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #11
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
everything you could do last year without paying extra you can still do this year without paying extra.
Solidice, I usually agree with everything you say, but this is awful logic. Why not just let us keep NCAA 09 and charge us for EVERY new thing they put int? I mean, everything we could do last year is still there without charging us for it. That logic doesn't really work.

And I totally agree with the user above me. EA takes the microtransactioning to a Facebook game level.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Actually I'm pretty sure the bolded only applies to the advancing from the computer. I very much doubt if the commish pays for the ability to sim games from his computer, everyone in the dynasty will have access to it.

Second whether other companies do it or not has very little to do with whether it's cool for EA to do it.

---

I personally don't think sports titles with one year dev cycles lend themselves very well to dlc anyway. You have other games releasing DLC 8 months, 14 months after the game is released. By that time EA is already busy trying to sell the next year's title.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »