Home

Your anticipation this week?

This is a discussion on Your anticipation this week? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which blog are you waiting for?
5/24 Coaching Caraousel 20 34.48%
5/25 Playbooks & Web Improvements 7 12.07%
5/26 Custom Conferences 12 20.69%
5/27 Dynasty Tuning 43 74.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: You're anticipation this week?

Glad I'm not the only one who goes ballistic for wrong use of your/you're and their/there/they're.

But definitely Dynasty Tuning. Everything else we know 99% of it. I want to know what changes actually effect gameplay in a direct sense (recruits incoming overall/ratings mostly, no more 98 speed 74 acceleration guys is the news I want to here).

Forgot to put in progression too. I'd like to see players have a higher jump as Freshman to Sophomore more than Junior to Senior year, at least in physical ability. Rarely do Juniors make a big a physical jump as Freshman. Juniors could have a better mental increase during offseason progression, though, due to learning the game for all those years and figuring it out.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #18
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Forgot to put in progression too. I'd like to see players have a higher jump as Freshman to Sophomore more than Junior to Senior year, at least in physical ability. Rarely do Juniors make a big a physical jump as Freshman. Juniors could have a better mental increase during offseason progression, though, due to learning the game for all those years and figuring it out.
That would be really cool - I like that idea. I'd really like to see a guys physical attribute jump when he redshirts b/c they generally are focused on getting him to college level size. Cool idea
Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 AM   #19
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
That would be really cool - I like that idea. I'd really like to see a guys physical attribute jump when he redshirts b/c they generally are focused on getting him to college level size. Cool idea
I figure it's realistic. Redshirt years, players put on weight/muscle. Freshman to Sophomore year, players do more physical maturing, Sophomore to Junior, it's a mix, maybe, just to do rough percentages, 60% each way (yes, over 100%. Sophomore to Junior year would be the biggest jump), and Junior to Senior a mostly mental growth.

Either you have Soph to Junior be the smallest overall jump on average or biggest. It's 3 am, and my brain isn't perfectly working, so someone can correct me if I'm thinking backwards.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
I don't think that there is anything they could tell me about custom conf., online stuff, or playbooks that I don't already know, that would increase or decrease my anticipation for this game.
Exactly. The embargo was lifted on this stuff so all the info is pretty much out there already. TGT's Blog and Q&A are a good source. The only thing on the list I haven't heard much about is Dynasty Tuning but I just think thats because there aren't many changes in that department like Ben already said at the end of his schedule blog yesterday.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Exactly. The embargo was lifted on this stuff so all the info is pretty much out there already. TGT's Blog and Q&A are a good source. The only thing on the list I haven't heard much about is Dynasty Tuning but I just think thats because there aren't many changes in that department like Ben already said at the end of his schedule blog yesterday.
Well the IGN dynasty video did say we only knew very little about dynasty. His words were, "If this was a college game, this is only the tailgate." Then yesterday we really didn't get anything knew about dynasty, so either he was grossly exaggerating or EA still has much to tell us.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #22
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well the IGN dynasty video did say we only knew very little about dynasty. His words were, "If this was a college game, this is only the tailgate." Then yesterday we really didn't get anything knew about dynasty, so either he was grossly exaggerating or EA still has much to tell us.
You may be right but at this point I'm not getting my hopes up. I was psyched after seeing that IGN video friday and finding out that CC was in. I had really high hopes for CC since friday and thought they'd be releasing info yesterday that would make EA's CC almost as good as 2k8's. After hearing that Prestige is the only rating and we can't even hire our own coordinators as HC my hopes have been deflated. Yeah, I may have been hoping for too much but I'm still a bit disappointed nevertheless. I'm just gonna go back to wait and see mode now.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »