Home

Coaching Carousel Goals

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel Goals within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Coaching Carousel Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I hope not. A coach is expected to do one thing; win games. All the stats in the world make no difference if they don't do that, and no amount of "less than stellar" stats are going to affect a coach's job security if he's winning games, conference titles, bowl game etc. I can see certain games weighing more heavily on job security (rivalries, bowls, championship games) but nothing else really matters to the AD or the fans in the end but what's in the win/loss column.
A Head Coach is supposed to win games. A coordinator is only supposed to make sure his offense/defense is ranked at the top in team stat categories. You can't hold coordinators accountable for wins and losses since their is no way to control the other side of the ball. And that is what EA is doing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandryst
I said this in another forum if you like to run a certain kind of offense or defense why not pick a lower tier school that runs the type you like. I would think that would make your climb to the top easier and more satisfying.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Its not about having easy goals. Its about having goals that make sense. From what the CD are saying it doesn't matter if you are with a run-heavy team you may still be asked to pass for a bunch of yards as a goal. No way the AD at Georgia Tech is gonna tell his OC that he needs to pass for 4000 yards even though they run an option offense.
The fact that I won't be penalized for not reaching that goal is a good workaround but it would have been better if the game had logic to realize I have a run-heavy team/playbook and would focus stat goals on rush yards instead of pass.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Will the coaching goals in the contracts make sense in that how they match up with your playbook, meaning that if I'm running a wishbone option or a run heavy team I hope I don't have to meet unobtainable goals which I have seen on screen shots like , 4000 yds passing and 40+ TD passing.

Also does it take into account the length of quarters your playing as it would be very hard to rush for 2200 yds playing only 5 minute quarters.

Not that the length of quarter bothers me . But I don't want to have to change my playbook style just to meet a contract goal.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I would think that if you review the goals required when considering a job and you see something that seems unattainable you'd move on and find a better job that fits your skill set. If I run a pass heavy offense, I'm not going to be worried about taking a job that has 2000 yds rushing as a goal. I'm going to move on to a school where my system has a better chance of succeeding both on the field and within the job goal parameters.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

use the main coaching carousel thread guys.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »