Home

when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ?

This is a discussion on when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #25
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
NCAA doesn't seem to take into affect the WAY you are running into speed... for instance I can run a toss with my 95 speed running back sprinting full speed and have him get run down in the backfield by an 88 speed DE, but my 85 speed qb can backpedal 30 yards before the sprinting DE's can catch him.... something is not right there.

That and as others have said there doesn't appear to be any accuracy hits to being 30 yards behind the line vs 5 yards... If you are that far back, even passes 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage should be mostly inaccurate and the realistic trajectory it would take to get the ball there would allow time for defenders to get in there and break that up... instead they are able to throw a bullet as though they were right off the line directly into the hands of the receiver.
I don't think the accuracy should drop off that far because the line play SUCKS. U cant't change one and not change the other. It doesn't make sense.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #26
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I like all of the improvements that the development team is making; however, those improvements will make no difference, to me, if users are still able to drop back 20 yards and roll out to create scrambling and throwing opportunities. In real life, as well as some other titles, this isn't possible as the DEs get up the field, so the QB would be running right into them, and the passer's accuracy and distance, that they can throw beyond the line of scrimmage, is severely compromised.

If I buy NCAA 12, it will be for dynasty mode and draft classes. I'm not venturing online if I have to make my corners my primary edge rushers simply to counteract this nonsense.
I could not agree more. I've brought it up countless times, but it seems that no one else cares about this. Think about how great highlights would look if the quarterback always dropped back in the pocket like he was supposed to. That's how I've always played, because I love sitting in the pocket going through my progression like a real QB. So many players on here claim to be "sim" yet drop back 20 yards. I know they do it accidentally, I just don't understand why EA won't address it for the hardcore sim players like us.

They should give us a hardcore mode, and literally force everyone in this mode to sit in the pocket for the first 2 seconds, then let us scramble if we can't find the open receiver.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #27
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

They should just take away our QB vision and bring the camera down to field level so we are unable to find the open receiver.

What's wrong with this, EA? It would definitely combat this cheese effectively. More people would sit in the pocket. Beautiful.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #28
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
If they just fix the pass speeds it would help this a lot. Throwing a deep out to the far hash is a near impossible throw in real life but it's easy on the game. Same with any throw after a 20 yd dropback.

Just slow down the pass speeds.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I don't think the accuracy should drop off that far because the line play SUCKS. U cant't change one and not change the other. It doesn't make sense.
I never said they shouldn't fix line play, but a college level QB, especially ones rated in the 80's or below, will not have the same level of accuracy throwing the ball 40 yards as they do 15 yards, the longer throw is clearly a more difficult throw, but in 11 I can take a 70 rated qb, run 30 yards back and hit my WR perfectly in the numbers 10yds past the line of scrimmage... oddly enough it seems like the worse my QB's rating, the more often the WR will then drop that pass rather than the QB actually mis-throwing it.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sorry but with how many and how easy it is to nano blitz, the ability to drop back deep and still throw is one of the only ways to combat this. Without it, it just becomes a game of who has the best nano's and really limits the risk of the people who call those blitzes consistently.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
NCAA doesn't seem to take into affect the WAY you are running into speed... for instance I can run a toss with my 95 speed running back sprinting full speed and have him get run down in the backfield by an 88 speed DE, but my 85 speed qb can backpedal 30 yards before the sprinting DE's can catch him.... something is not right there.

That and as others have said there doesn't appear to be any accuracy hits to being 30 yards behind the line vs 5 yards... If you are that far back, even passes 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage should be mostly inaccurate and the realistic trajectory it would take to get the ball there would allow time for defenders to get in there and break that up... instead they are able to throw a bullet as though they were right off the line directly into the hands of the receiver.
There also isn't any penalty concerning how hard a QB on the run can throw the football. In reality, QBs can't put as much mustard on the ball, while running, that they can while standing with their feet set. Penalties like this need to be incorporated into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
They should give us a hardcore mode, and literally force everyone in this mode to sit in the pocket for the first 2 seconds, then let us scramble if we can't find the open receiver.
I don't think it's necessary to impose restrictions like this as they're just band-aids for EA to use instead of programing the game to penalize users for throwing without their feet set, and on the run. The accuracy, and the power, and the distance, beyond the line of scrimmage that the QB can throw the ball, needs to be negatively affected. basically, this sprinting to the side, as soon as the ball in snapped, needs to be an ineffective strategy.

It's been done before, in other games, and Madden to an extent , so why not NCAA ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »