Home

when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ?

This is a discussion on when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: when will NCAA address the excessively deep drop backs/roll outs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftballer67
I'm sorry but with how many and how easy it is to nano blitz, the ability to drop back deep and still throw is one of the only ways to combat this. Without it, it just becomes a game of who has the best nano's and really limits the risk of the people who call those blitzes consistently.
What is a "nano blitz"? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I haven't heard the term before.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
There also isn't any penalty concerning how hard a QB on the run can throw the football. In reality, QBs can't put as much mustard on the ball, while running, that they can while standing with their feet set. Penalties like this need to be incorporated into the game.
Same with throwing off of your back foot. I've played against guys who drop back 20-30 yards and watching replays they are literally in mid-backpedal when they throw it and they could throw the ball 40 yards like a laser across the field. If a QB is about to or is getting HIT when throwing you see the ball pop up in the air or go halfway to the receiver and hit the ground, I think you should see more of that (but to a lesser extent) if you are running backwards while throwing (this doesn't apply if you run back 20 yards then PLANT before throwing)...

Another problem I have that fixing this could actually make worse is that too may bad throws are clearly sent directly to a defender. It seems like unless I'm using the right stick and incorrectly aim a pass, the pass will either go right to a receiver or right to a defender... Qb's should be more inaccurate, but bad passes don't ALWAYS sail 10 yards long directly into the hands of the safety....
Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
I never said they shouldn't fix line play, but a college level QB, especially ones rated in the 80's or below, will not have the same level of accuracy throwing the ball 40 yards as they do 15 yards, the longer throw is clearly a more difficult throw, but in 11 I can take a 70 rated qb, run 30 yards back and hit my WR perfectly in the numbers 10yds past the line of scrimmage... oddly enough it seems like the worse my QB's rating, the more often the WR will then drop that pass rather than the QB actually mis-throwing it.
The WRs dropping the passes was probably the most frustrating thing for me. I'd rather have the QB just barely overthrow or underthrow causing a drop rather than an All-American receiver dropping a perfectly thrown pass cause the QB isn't that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

How would you guys feel if there was a hidden zone behind the center that represented the pocket in a way and staying in that would have your ratings work like they should. Once you leave that zone by scrambling to the sidelines or by dropping back 15 yards the game then hits your ratings and possibly the further from the zone, the more your ratings are hurt.

For example. QB has 90 ACC and 90 THP. Hikes the ball, lets his QB drop back automatically, then throws the ball from the pocket. A prefect pass and a TD.

Then he hikes the ball, drops back 15 yards on his own, throws the ball, but it is off target because his ratings went from a 90 and 90 to 80 and 80.

I know this isn't the most realistic thing to do, but it is all I cant think of right now. Without a Throw on the Run attribute like Madden, QBs are going to be accurate when backpedaling, side stepping, or even back flipping.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 05-25-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
How would you guys feel if there was a hidden zone behind the center that represented the pocket in a way and staying in that would have your ratings work like they should. Once you leave that zone by scrambling to the sidelines or by dropping back 15 yards the game then hits your ratings and possibly the further from the zone, the more your ratings are hurt.

For example. QB has 90 ACC and 90 THP. Hikes the ball, lets his QB drop back automatically, then throws the ball from the pocket. A prefect pass and a TD.

Then he hikes the ball, drops back 15 yards on his own, throws the ball, but it is off target because his ratings went from a 90 and 90 to 80 and 80.
I agree with this to an extent, with the small modifier that (and I think someone earlier mentioned this) they add some sort of Throw-on-the-run, or scrambler rating that details how much of a hit each QB takes... so a qb good at scrambling/throwing on the run would take less of a hit than a pocket passer would (but likely his THP/THA are lower than the pocket passers to begin with).
Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nano = Blitzes that exploit the games AI at a ridiculous level. Basically guys coming unblocked consistently and immediately even if you have enough blockers in protection to pick it up. No chance to go through a progression. You have one read, if it's covered you're screwed. And a lot of these blitzes aren't bringing the house, mostly 5 or 6 with decent coverage behind it. I played a guy last night online that did this 75% of the plays. I won 38-14 but there were several times I would drop back deep immediately and pick him apart. Without being able to do that it would have been very tough to sustain offense. Believe me I don't want to play like that and I won't unless I see this type of D. But it's nice to put a beatdown on a guy that probably spent a ton of time 'labbing' these blitzes.

Last edited by ftballer67; 05-25-2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I basically do what mattbooty described against nano's. Drop back 10-20 yards immediately plant then throw. Never throw while back pedaling or on the run as it seems to really affect accuracy for me, especially with UM & Denard Robinson who is my primary team/QB.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

I don't know why NCAA doesn't take a page out of Madden's book and make the icons disappear when dropping back beyond ten yards. That would help, but there still needs to be accuracy penalties when throwing on the run. That, and the icons also need to disappear when the QB is sprinting. QBs can't throw while sprinting at full speed.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 05-26-2011 at 07:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »