Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #41
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Coaching Carousel blog is posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I actually like the random pitches(at least more than how it was in NCAA 10 and before). It prevents users from spamming only the "most" pitches for 2-3 hours like they used to. It may not be realistic, but in video game terms, a good thing.

I assume, it is also another way to separate the good teams from the bad teams. obviously the better teams will have better rounded pitches than the lower rated teams.
That's how I see it as well. IMO having total control over the recruiting was way to easy and cheesy. I really enjoyed the challenge that the new recruiting provided. Especially, in online dynasties. I actually had recruiting classes that weren't in the top 20. Hell, I had a class that wasn't in the top 50. NCAA 11 is the first NCAA I could ever say that. So different strokes for different folks but, count me in the group that loves a challenge.

With that said, I would like to see the system tweaked. Things like having to "change the topic" multiple times in a conversation can get annoying. I'm also hoping that the logic improved, as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #42
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Are real coaches going to be in the game or is it still going to be "Texas Coach", etc. Because I'm wondering how you're going to be able to tell when a coach switches teams. If Will Muschamp replaces Mack Brown at Texas three years into a dynasty, wouldn't he then just become the new "Texas Coach" ?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Actually in the blog it said the coaches prestige rating effects a number of thing including recruiting, player progression, Etc.

So don't say coaches are all pointless because you're wrong
The prestige affects recruiting because it is one pitch. That one pitch can be avoided and most recruits in 11 had Very Low interest in it. And then it affects progression. I doubt its anything major. We'll probably see A prestige coaches constantly having player progress at least 4 points a season while lower prestige coaches have players progress more inconsistently. And all that will do is keep the top programs on top while the bottom ones stay there.

― Plato
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #44
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
I don't think it's that people will never be satisfied in this case, I think it's that people have seen this feature already implemented in a prior game (granted from a different company) and apparently it's flat out amazing. So when it's announced that it's coming to a game as immense as NCAA12... it's natural to get really hyped up.
It doesn't mean people won't buy or give the game the praise it deserves... it's more that they didn't meet the expectations for a new feature that has existed before (in a different game) and people have a right to be annoyed.
Well no they don't have the right to be annoyed IMO.

EA Sports didn't make CH2K8, EA Sports has never tried anything like this with their college game, so, give them credit for what they've been able to implement in one development cycle with this feature.

People expected it to be exactly like CH2K8 and that's just not realistic thinking. What we have though, is good for a first try and it's not a pointless feature like others are trying to tout it as.

Coaches do effect many things when it comes to your school, they're not just there as some sort of placebo. Some people need to actually read what this feature does, instead of only looking for the features they want, that they're comparing to a completely different game from a completely different company.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #45
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Are real coaches going to be in the game or is it still going to be "Texas Coach", etc. Because I'm wondering how you're going to be able to tell when a coach switches teams. If Will Muschamp replaces Mack Brown at Texas three years into a dynasty, wouldn't he then just become the new "Texas Coach" ?
From what I can tell, the OS community will most likely name the coaching roster, you'll be able to download it and you'll have the real coaches (and perhaps their likeliness) There is a worry that eventually you'll have a ton of computer generated coaches, but they'll at least have names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #46
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2

I think you will be able to download a coach file(if someone does it) like rosters. But yeah i think you can edit the coaches before you start a dynasty and the names will be there.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #47
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
College Hoops 2k8, not NBA 2k8. And if you have played 2k8, then you know the lack of ratings almost makes the addition pointless. The most important parts of a CC are ratings, then having styles and everything else included. If you don't include ratings, then coaches are almost pointless and it defeats the whole purpose of the feature.
Your acting as if the coaches have no effect period. They effect recruiting and development of the players. Sure its not specific like off n def rattings boost separately but its still an effect thus making it not as pointless as your making it seem.

And just because we are years ahead of 2k4-2k8 development doesnt mean work is done any faster. All game devs aim to imporve their product release to release it hasnt changed and will never change. We have a good 1st attempt and the 2nd attempt will improve upon the 1st installation of CC.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 05-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 29

I'm naming my assistants Tweedle Dee and Dum they'll both be huge and run my schemes and it will be awesome when I play against them.

I really can't see how anyone thinks this is a pointless addition. I love ch 2k8 as much as anyone, but at times the off court stuff does get tedious. Especially in a football game at some point I just wanna play ball ya know? the off season is pretty long already

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »