Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #65
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coaching Carousel blog is posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
How the **** are people complaining about this? Holy ****.

I need to sit down.
lol no kidding, man. It looks the main thing getting some people annoyed is that coaches don't have stats that influence the onfield play. But I really don't think this is a big deal at all. Sure a coach's skill might provide a bump to player awareness, but that's about it. The main things that affects a team's chances (no Kirk, not penalties) are the skill of the players and the system they're playing in. From a coaching standpoint the main things he does to affect the team are recruiting and playcalling, both of which the human does. And as stated numerous times, coaches do affect progression and recruiting with their stats.

It's like some 2k cult that has to piss on everything EA does no matter what it is. I wish we'd get a 2kSports college game as much as the next guy for competition's sake, but I can also see this year's game has an amazing amount of new stuff and I can't wait to play it. Let's hope they continue with this level of yearly improvement...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #66
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Actually in the blog it said the coaches prestige rating effects a number of thing including recruiting, player progression, Etc.

So don't say coaches are all pointless because you're wrong

There is no Etc. It's only recruiting (1 pitch) and player progression, that's it. The only other thing it effects is which coach a team hires.

With that being said, the only thing I wanted that 2k8 had was coach ratings which to spend all this time on this mode can't be that hard to implement. Now I'm not bashing them because I still think this mode will work this year but not to the extent that coaching ratings would bring. The only way to understand this is to play CH2k8.

Now I wanted to say one more thing about the recruiting, I agree that the last "recruiting game" in 10 was too easy, but 11's was unrealistic. However I think with 1 tweak, JUST 1 tweak it can be realistic. Keep the random topics, but they represent what the recruit wants to know so these topics should be at least an Above Average interest that the recruit has for that topic. Like I said before the reason it is unrealistic is because we get a random topic that not only the team has a low grade in but the recruit has no interest in. This makes no sense!

Coach: Sells player for academic prestige

Recruit: Has no interest for academic prestige

Coach: School's Academic prestige is a D

Result: -10 points

See what I mean?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #67
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
You think in real life when you are talking to a elite recruit on the phone that he is always gonna wanna talk about what you want him to?

If your are always picking the topic you can talk about just the things you are good at it. The random pitch in my eyes is the recruit who has offers from 10 other schools just as good as you picking what he wants to talk about. College recruiting is very serious buisness and coaches use every minor detail to there advantage. How is it realstic if i'm always picking my top 3 things im rated good at. At time the recruit is gonna wanna talk about stuff that UF is better at then I am.

It's funny that you quoted me but obviously didn't read what I said.

I NEVER stated that the '10 recruiting was good. I did say if it is random it should be only topics that the recruit is interested in! You read from left to right, top to bottom...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 5

So as a HC I assume you can control both side of the balls and the OC and DCs only control their side of the ball if you are them.

I am worried that say Bama fires Saban or whomever or they retire, then they higher another A+coach...will he be a guaranteed success? I hope to see coaches who should be home run highers strike out, sort of like Steve Kragthorp at Louisville or Zook at Flordia.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #69
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Now I wanted to say one more thing about the recruiting, I agree that the last "recruiting game" in 10 was too easy, but 11's was unrealistic. However I think with 1 tweak, JUST 1 tweak it can be realistic. Keep the random topics, but they represent what the recruit wants to know so these topics should be at least an Above Average interest that the recruit has for that topic. Like I said before the reason it is unrealistic is because we get a random topic that not only the team has a low grade in but the recruit has no interest in. This makes no sense!
"So coach, FSU's coach tells me they are better academically than your school?"

Even if the recruit isn't high on academics, it isn't nice to hear negative things about the schools you are entertaining. Even if it's not a high priority to the recruit, all of the pitches are still important in making a decision. I love the random pitches, keeps you from spamming the good (which anyone can sit back and do). It also involves luck a little luck to be on your side which is completely true to actual recruiting.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #70
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMcEZ
so will schools like army, navy and airforce only sign coaches who run the triple option? i think itd really ruin the game if 6 years down the road in a dynasty you play navy and they are running a spread offence, just not realistic
Why could that happen? Who's to say those teams might get I guy that wants run some spread..
Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #71
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Why could that happen? Who's to say those teams might get I guy that wants run some spread..
That's exactly what happened in an image they posted.

I imagine the only time an option team would poach another school's option OC is if it loses its own OC. If an option team loses its head coach, it'd likely hire whoever it wants, regardless of offensive style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 247032_10150193701907280_90440037279_6895026_1524181_n.jpg (77.0 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by prowler; 05-24-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #72
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
"So coach, FSU's coach tells me they are better academically than your school?"

Even if the recruit isn't high on academics, it isn't nice to hear negative things about the schools you are entertaining. Even if it's not a high priority to the recruit, all of the pitches are still important in making a decision. I love the random pitches, keeps you from spamming the good (which anyone can sit back and do). It also involves luck a little luck to be on your side which is completely true to actual recruiting.

Ok.. first off if the recruit has low interest in academics he wouldn't ever bring it up.

Second if FSU pitched that to him he would say "Coach FSU I don't care about academics, I just want to play football"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »