Home

Possible exploit in dynasty recruiting?

This is a discussion on Possible exploit in dynasty recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Possible exploit in dynasty recruiting?

I don't think it's the quantity of players on offense or defense that will be the result of this exploit. It's the quality.

Over several years of recruiting exploitation, your potential recruiting power could lure higher caliber offensive players. You might commit a handful of 3 star guys who would be more apt to fill in, play special teams etc, but your coaching prestige makes your program a more attractive place for 4 and 5 star recruits, so the quality of play increases faster than if you spread your recruiting time more evenly.

You still fill in needs on defense, but with 2 star talent. Afterall, it doesn't take much effort to sign 2 star players right away, regardless if your program is only a 2 star school.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Until I become a HC, I will take control of recruiting to my side. I will let the HC recruit Defensive players. I will let it be 50/50.
I'm not 100% certain but I think you always control all recruiting so you can't just recruit half the time and let the cpu do the rest
Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I'm not 100% certain but I think you always control all recruiting so you can't just recruit half the time and let the cpu do the rest
Actually the CPU will do it. You've never actually had to recruit, the CPU will handle phone calls and scholarships on it's own if you let it. How well it does it is another topic. So if you want to only deal with recruiting offensive players, it shouldn't be an issue. And the time you use will take away from what the CPU has to work with.

I would just pick out maybe 7-8 players on my side and spend around 5 hours on them a week. I'll then let CPU allocate the remaining 5 hours where it wants. I will have to set up the recruiting board though, there's no need for 35 players to be on the board.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Is it confirmed that OC and DC have goals that include amount of games won?

That would be the only way this can be exploited if they didn't and only the head coach had goals dealing with specific amount of games being won.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Actually the CPU will do it. You've never actually had to recruit, the CPU will handle phone calls and scholarships on it's own if you let it. How well it does it is another topic. So if you want to only deal with recruiting offensive players, it shouldn't be an issue. And the time you use will take away from what the CPU has to work with.

I would just pick out maybe 7-8 players on my side and spend around 5 hours on them a week. I'll then let CPU allocate the remaining 5 hours where it wants. I will have to set up the recruiting board though, there's no need for 35 players to be on the board.
Okay, I knew you could let the CPU recruit for you, but I figured if you started making calls then the time you didn't use would go to waste. I never let the CPU recruit for me in the past because they were awful at it, but you have an interesting idea that I might try out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »