Home

Coach mode questions

This is a discussion on Coach mode questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Coach mode questions

How good is the AI when playing coach mode? I dont have a copy of NCAA 11 anymore, but idont recall the AI being that good if you just tried to call the plays.

Also, I've seen where in an OD you control both sides of the ball in a user vs user game but can it still be in the "coach mode". Meaning can my friend and I simply call the plays against each other and then watch the game play out?

With the carousel and new info coming out, it is hard to find info on lowly old "coach mode"...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach mode questions

I'd like to know the answer to that, also.

I also want to know if you can set up an OD to be all coach mode. That would be one way that I'd finally get into one. Obviously, coach mode is not for everyone...but as I started to get older, I started to like stuff like that after being in a few Madden GM leagues.

No cheese, and player ratings and strategy play a MUCH larger role.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

I too like coach modes in sport games , But.....

If you decide to be an OC with a option playbook it better not play like last years which was a fail.
Its going to be a long day watching your QB make the wrong reads or cross the line of scrimmage just to see him pitch the ball into the cornerbacks back as he often does.
You'll be sacked in a year.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
I too like coach modes in sport games , But.....

If you decide to be an OC with a option playbook it better not play like last years which was a fail.
Its going to be a long day watching your QB make the wrong reads or cross the line of scrimmage just to see him pitch the ball into the cornerbacks back as he often does.
You'll be sacked in a year.
Exactly !! Even on in a pass heavy offense, the QB does not properly follow route progression no matter how high the awareness. QB route progression is really not there unless something has changed this year. You have to take control of the QB.

Last edited by GreenGlen; 06-21-2011 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »