Home

Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

This is a discussion on Does EA Sports hate Purdue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
That's hilarious coming from an IU fan. True, I'd like to go up to a higher level, but I have two more goals to accomplish. I want to end conference play at #1 and I want to have the #1 recruiting class. Then I'll bump up to Heisman, although, I've heard that on that level the computer cheats way too much.
It is your game, play how you want, but you gotta expect guys who whose tough AA sliders or Heisman settings to kinda roll their eyes when someone says how they are 1,000,000-0 in dynasty games.

I guess as long as you're having fun though. To each their own.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm a Purdue alum the IU fan is right.

Anyway though the problem probably has to do with the fact that conference prestige is static and influences how the polls treat you. The recruiting issues are more your fault though but at least partially have to deal with Purdue being in Indiana and starting off with bad pitches.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I'm a Purdue alum the IU fan is right.

Anyway though the problem probably has to do with the fact that conference prestige is static and influences how the polls treat you. The recruiting issues are more your fault though but at least partially have to deal with Purdue being in Indiana and starting off with bad pitches.
After 13 seasons of winning, all my pitches are A or A+ except for the ones that I cannot control: campus and academic prestige. How is it my fault that 5 star recruits don't want to come to my school? In any given recruiting season I'll have anywhere from 1-4 5 star recruits that have me in their top 10 at the start of recruiting. A school like Notre Dame ends up having closer to 10 even when they are losing around 4 games per year. I can't exactly be expected to recruit a guy who has schools like Alabama and Penn State in their top 3 when I'm not even on their list. The point of my post is simply that it appears that it is impossible to take a 3 star program and take them to the point where they have the same prestige as a perennial top 5 contender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
It is your game, play how you want, but you gotta expect guys who whose tough AA sliders or Heisman settings to kinda roll their eyes when someone says how they are 1,000,000-0 in dynasty games.

I guess as long as you're having fun though. To each their own.
The difficulty that I choose to play the game is off topic to this post. The argument is that if I build a winning program I should expect to be able to recruit like a winning program and be polled like a winning program. Regardless, I lost plenty of games in my first few seasons. If I dominate on the field now, it's only because my team is a lot better than it was when I started.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
Rookie

boilerup23's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes....... Just wondering as a fellow purdue fan what do you think we will be rated this year?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, the ranking logic on NCAA has some issues. It hardly ever makes much sense. Here's to hoping they improve on it for NCAA 13 since I doubt they did much to it for 12.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
After 13 seasons of winning, all my pitches are A or A+ except for the ones that I cannot control: campus and academic prestige. How is it my fault that 5 star recruits don't want to come to my school? In any given recruiting season I'll have anywhere from 1-4 5 star recruits that have me in their top 10 at the start of recruiting. A school like Notre Dame ends up having closer to 10 even when they are losing around 4 games per year. I can't exactly be expected to recruit a guy who has schools like Alabama and Penn State in their top 3 when I'm not even on their list. The point of my post is simply that it appears that it is impossible to take a 3 star program and take them to the point where they have the same prestige as a perennial top 5 contender.
Maybe you do a bad job recruiting. Maybe you didn't secure good pipeline states. I don't know. It's not entirely your fault, but some of it is. Just drop down the recruiting difficulty level if you're having that much trouble.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-26-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup23
Yes....... Just wondering as a fellow purdue fan what do you think we will be rated this year?
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Purdue was a two star program in NCAA 2012. They haven't fielded an even remotely competitive team since a few years before Tiller retired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »