Home

Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

This is a discussion on Does EA Sports hate Purdue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

Sounds horrible. Sorry about that, I feel like you don't deserve that punishment. But then again, I've heard Dynasty is horrible anyway.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Your whole schedule sounds like patsies with the amount of national titles and Big Ten titles you have won. I for one find you getting left out of the title game hilarious and very appropriate.
You're right, the Big 10 is just a bunch of patsies. The fact that I typically play 5 nationally ranked teams a year means that I deserve this. Get a life.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
You're right, the Big 10 is just a bunch of patsies. The fact that I typically play 5 nationally ranked teams a year means that I deserve this. Get a life.
You get a life. You are on a message board whining about not getting a 6th national title on a video game.

And compared to my team's conference, yes they are a bunch of patsies in the Big 10. Getting Nebraska definitely helps that conference's prestige and toughness in my eyes though, a big step in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #36
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
This might be the problem. I have the same problem that few 5* have me (Purdue) in their top 3 or top 5.

I usually will select about 12-15 that I want to recruit. Usually 3-4 "ALL-STARS" regardless where they have me. Then 6-8 that are either in-state or i am in the top 10, and then 2-4 that i am #1 on their list.

Sometimes these overlap, but i will not actively recruit more than 12 guys. I will put in 10 min (for hopes of eithe instant commit when i offer or a commit) for 2-3 that I am #1 on their list.

But i have noticed MANY guys that I am either very low on their list or not on their list to begin the season. I give them 3 weeks to show movement and surprisingly about 75% of the time, i climb on their list (no guarantee i get them, but if they are a late commit, then i have realistic chance). If after 3 weeks i am still not on their list or one of the top dawgs is just light years ahead....then i drop them and move on.

If you limit yourself to guys that are only interested initially, you are missing out on alot of other guys. Especially if you have good pitches.
Interesting. I'll have to give this a try. The problems that I had encountered were that since I was competing against top teams for these high recruits that I would lose out unless I was winning to begin with. For example, if Alabama is #1 and I'm #2 it didn't seem to matter what I did, I was going to lose that recruit.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #37
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
You get a life. You are on a message board whining about not getting a 6th national title on a video game.

And compared to my team's conference, yes they are a bunch of patsies in the Big 10. Getting Nebraska definitely helps that conference's prestige and toughness in my eyes though, a big step in the right direction.
Good try, but I'm not whining about not getting a 6th national title. I'm saying that if I win national titles I should not be getting passed over in rankings and recruiting by teams that are not winning. Please pay attention.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #38
Banned

EA does not hate Purdue. They hate logic.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

They may not, but I do.

Same thing happened with me and ND. No fun.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #40
Rookie

I've gotten snubbed in the rankings as Michigan State a few times. I play on tough All-American sliders that I constantly change to fit my liking. I tried Heisman but the CPU is downright cheap.

I just kept pushing and eventually had a really great season and got to the championship. The game snubs you ESPECIALLY with the conference championship teams and teams it liked. A few months ago there was a thread with 6.5* and 7* teams, which were not explicit, but still programmed in. Not sure if that was confirmed, but FSU and Miami were some of the 6.5's and Bama, Penn State, UofM, OSU, and USC were some of the 7's. It is a plausible theory as those teams constantly beat you in recruiting.

You're saying you're a 5 star team, after winning the NC multiple times. Is it a typo or are you still 5 stars instead of 6??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »