Home

Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

This is a discussion on Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
If the PAC goes to 16 teams they will in no way take BSU, Fresno or Idaho. Boise St and Fresno St are glorified Community Colleges academically speaking. The population base/market of the Idaho schools is much too small to increase the amount of money/school (would probably decrease actually).
Also Boise St. really doesn't have any other sports to speak of. Idaho is terrible at football.

The only way the PAC goes 16 is if Texas is involved.
Nailed it! The reason you won't see BSU and those other teams in the PAC has to do with their academics. Now if those schools are able to up that in the next few years, it's a possibility, but it's going to be a longshot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #42
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Ya I'm kinda torn... The idea of rebuilding the old SWC sounds cool. But so does the super 16 team conferences. But at the same time I am a HUGE Big 12(Hook em' Horns! Sic em' Bears!) fan. But I do now live in Big 10 country(Go Hawks!) So I figure I can do what I want maybe I'll figure a way to have Baylor, Texas and Iowa in the same conference???!!! I don't know but I DO know I have options and customers LOVE options!
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #43
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Also came up with a conference system similar to the leagues in Europe. The champion of the leagues in the bottom group moves up and takes the place of the last place team in the 2nd group, and the same for the 2nd/1st group.

1st group has 12 teams, 2nd 10 teams, 3rd 8 teams. Mostly arranged by geography:

Spoiler
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Also came up with a conference system similar to the leagues in Europe. The champion of the leagues in the bottom group moves up and takes the place of the last place team in the 2nd group, and the same for the 2nd/1st group.

1st group has 12 teams, 2nd 10 teams, 3rd 8 teams. Mostly arranged by geography:

Spoiler
I think I'm going to have a separate dynasty with this setup
Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Cincinnati
Connecticut
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
South Florida
Syracuse
West Virginia
TCU
Notre Dame
MAC East winner
C-USA East/Sun Belt

With those 12 teams, how would you split them up!? I was trying to figure out a way to do it Northern/Southern, but that does not work very well because of Strength in one division and Rivalries. Does anyone have a setup that would work for me!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #46
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Anybody worked out a good looking power conferences re-alignment? I'm looking for one starting with the Pac-16 that almost happened in 2010(not in affect till 2011)? The one where Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Colorado were ALL going to the Pac 10. I'm wondering what to do with everybody else? I'm doing a little brainstorming/research myself but I'd love some input from you guys. The idea of that Pac-16 vs the SEC and Big 10 sounds sweet! I figured start with the moves that have already happened( TCU, NEB, Col, Utah, etc.) And then work the others in slowly each season, couple at a time. Ideas?...
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

Last edited by bigdfan76; 05-28-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #47
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45

Spoiler
Vincennes and IUPUI do not have football teams and haven't for a long time. Vincennes is a two year college. I'd say Easten Illinois or another school that actually has a football team could go there
Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #48
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Here is my custom conference with 4 16 team conferences. I'd appreciate any input on this or my other custom conference.

Spoiler

Last edited by volstopfan14; 05-28-2011 at 09:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »