Home

Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

This is a discussion on Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #57
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I could not see that at all. That is a team that has no business in the SEC.
I agree. If the SEC expands they will go after teams from the ACC and/or Big XII.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #58
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
Don't think the SEC would target VT - although they are cream of the crop in the ACC... just a little far north.

I could see the SEC taking USF

both good options though. the SEC rumbled about VT years ago. maybe around 03 or 04. Prob before they left for ACC. been awhile so i can't remember for sure. while i agree they are far away they are sec material all the way. USF really makes alot of sense for the SEC. there is only one school bigger than USF in the SEC and adding south florida to the recruiting pool moreso than the SEC already has would be huge. the media covers Miami and Florida st. more down there since Florida is in the pan handle. they also play in the bucs amazing stadium and are hugely supported locally. USF with only a small amount of time with a football program has already been in the top5 and being in the one of the best markets (tampa) and in the homeland of the fastest highschool athletes in the country it does work. i just don't know if the old guys want such a young program to join the SEC.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

1. The BIG EAST IS NOT LOSING IT'S ****ING AQ STATUS ****.

2. Only having 120 teams ruins this a bit, since we already know about FCS teams that are moving up. EA could've put a bit of effort into that, but hey, what do you expect?

With that out of the way..

For realism,

1. First year leave with default alignments.

2. Second year move Fresno, Nevada, and Hawaii to the MWC, TCU to the Big East.

I'm going to give some thought to the future and post again.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #60
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
both good options though. the SEC rumbled about VT years ago. maybe around 03 or 04. Prob before they left for ACC. been awhile so i can't remember for sure. while i agree they are far away they are sec material all the way. USF really makes alot of sense for the SEC. there is only one school bigger than USF in the SEC and adding south florida to the recruiting pool moreso than the SEC already has would be huge. the media covers Miami and Florida st. more down there since Florida is in the pan handle. they also play in the bucs amazing stadium and are hugely supported locally. USF with only a small amount of time with a football program has already been in the top5 and being in the one of the best markets (tampa) and in the homeland of the fastest highschool athletes in the country it does work. i just don't know if the old guys want such a young program to join the SEC.
I just don't see it. What does adding USF accomplish? The SEC already has a team in the state of Florida and USF is the 4th team in the state. Unless they get to 13 or 15 and need one more member, I can't see any way way the SEC would want USF. If the SEC had to take a Big East team I'd guess they would likely target Louisville.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #61
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

yea no way they lose their status. i think the big east is 17-8 vs. the sec head to head over the last 10 years. no one has played the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #62
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I just don't see it. What does adding USF accomplish? The SEC already has a team in the state of Florida and USF is the 4th team in the state. Unless they get to 13 or 15 and need one more member, I can't see any way way the SEC would want USF. If the SEC had to take a Big East team I'd guess they would likely target Louisville.
your looking at it wrong. USF is a huge market for TV and recruiting. and why wouldnt they want another school from Florida? they have two from Miss and Bama. Florida is the number two football state in country. Not sure why you would think that. They are one of the leading medical science schools in country. why does the big east come into this? they have only had a football team since 1997 and only been in the conference since 05. like tcu its on the move up and why is the big east a weak spot? they are much better than the ACC over the last 5 years. Lousiville will never leave the basketball rich big east. usf has a huge student base and football is king down there. now would they be the first choice? i dont think so. Florida St. would be. Texas A&M isnt coming and they are the only texas school we wanted. Clemson and GT make the most sense. but i don't think going as far as virginia would bother the sec. but they are the most compact conference and is maybe why they would like to stay close. its about money and academics so don't get caught up in what conference they play for now or how long they have been around. although USF is rarity. very young team in a monster school.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #63
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

it IS all about TV markets. USF is a little on the young side from a program standpoint but they have all the potential in the world...and sick uni's. if the SEC does anything in the future though...it's raiding the ACC and maybe giving up on academics and handing Vanderbilt to the ACC where it belongs. Kentucky to ACC? ELITE BASKETBALL CONFERENCE. I would love for 2k to come back making college basketball games (better than EA) and have this conference realignment option. In my opinion this is the best thing outside of gameplay EA has done for the NCAA series.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #64
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
your looking at it wrong. USF is a huge market for TV and recruiting. and why wouldnt they want another school from Florida? they have two from Miss and Bama. Florida is the number two football state in country. Not sure why you would think that. They are one of the leading medical science schools in country. why does the big east come into this? they have only had a football team since 1997 and only been in the conference since 05. like tcu its on the move up and why is the big east a weak spot? they are much better than the ACC over the last 5 years. Lousiville will never leave the basketball rich big east. usf has a huge student base and football is king down there. now would they be the first choice? i dont think so. Florida St. would be. Texas A&M isnt coming and they are the only texas school we wanted. Clemson and GT make the most sense. but i don't think going as far as virginia would bother the sec. but they are the most compact conference and is maybe why they would like to stay close. its about money and academics so don't get caught up in what conference they play for now or how long they have been around. although USF is rarity. very young team in a monster school.
I think you misunderstood me when I said we already have a team in Florida. I'm saying that a team such as Texas A&M or Virginia Tech would be much more attractive to the SEC because they are in a market that the SEC is not in right now. The SEC already has markets in Florida. I'd be willing to bet that there are more UF fans in Tampa than USF fans. Also, I have nothing against the Big East. I just don't feel as if any of their teams would be a good addition to the SEC right now. I don't think Louisville will come and I don't think they will ever be given that choice either. I'm just saying that I think the SEC would look to them before they look at USF. I don't think the SEC will expand unless the Big Ten or the Pac-12 makes a move first. If that was to happen, I think the SEC would look to Texas (dream scenario), Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Miami, and Georgia Tech. BTW, I know very little about the academic status of each school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »