Home

So I won the national title...

This is a discussion on So I won the national title... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
So I won the national title...

NOW HELLLLLP

LMAO

What do I do with these recruits... I have 30 4/5 star guys all within 140 points of me being their #1...

What I did was try to go after them evenly... and of course I got spanked...

Now I'm stuck with like 14 guys on my board and only a few of them are 4/5's...

So what do I do next time?

Just pick 10 guys at random based on need positions? I'm sure the answer is more minutes per guy and less guys but how do I know which guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: So I won the national title...

Pick the guys you need?
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 05-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Don't really have "needs" everybody on my team is mostly 90's to 80's... but if I land 10 guys a year for the next 4 that might change
Old 05-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

During the season spread the minutes around to 12-14 players that you absolutely need. Fill in depth in the off-season recruiting.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
During the season spread the minutes around to 12-14 players that you absolutely need. Fill in depth in the off-season recruiting.
This. And in the 1st week, always offer guys that you're going after that have you as #1. They might commit in week 1 which will allow you to have some extra time for other guys you want. I usually average 2-3 commits in week 1 or 2 which is always really helpful.

Also, in most cases where you have a 300 point lead for some guy, you really only need to talk to him for 20 minutes which lets you maybe start working on some other guys that might have you in their top 3 or so at that point but you haven't been able to make a big push on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
You really have to base it off your depth. If you only have 5 seniors on a roster of 65 players (I haven't had 70 in forever), then you may only need to recruit 10.

Your needs should take priority because walk-ons are not a good option.

Once you've met your needs you should attack any perceived deficiencies. For example, you might have 3 85 or better underclassmen at WR, but the may all be possession receivers and you want to add a deep threat. So although you didn't need a WR, you may recruit one to fill that need for a burner.

Don't focus on the number of stars a recruit has because they don't always matter. I've seen 3-star players turn into 90 plus players. I've seen 5-star players with great OVR ratings that didn't pan out for me because they lacked certain attributes behind that OVR.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Needs" first, no matter how nicely that 80 OVR QB would fill in at 3rd string as only a future starter. If you just won NC, chances are you've got a number of departing Sr starters, but if you've paid attention w/ previous recruting classses you'll only have a fraction of those starters that need hopefully only a solid 2nd-stringer to come in w/ this class. With proper planning, this may only be 4-5 guys.
IMHO, "wants" come next, because for me this is usually guys that I'm either looking at as future starters after redshirting, or simply "depth" at a position. This is usually the bulk of my numbers on initial board, maybe as many as 8-12.
This brings total to 13-17.
I fill in up to only 19 with "reach" recruits or "too-good-to-pass-up" ones like the 80 QB listing you first (in those cases, if I get'em, I worry about cutting to 70 when that eventually comes around).
For me, if "needs" are a higher ## than I stated above, I cut down on "wants" and "reaches".
I call my 19 like this:
#1-5: 60 min. ea.
4-9: 50 min. ea.
10-19: 10 min. ea.
With luck, you'll get an Insta-commit on a your-school-#1 guy so make sure any guy like that you've offered scholly with 1st pitch on call. If he commits you've saved 50 min. that you can redistribute as you'd like.
One other small note, sometimes I'll try to even out my #9 and 10 guys going 30 and 30, or 40 and 20...depends who they are. Every once in a while I'll find myself needing a P/K and I usually put one in the 9-spot and start off with 30 min. including a scholly offer, then see if I need to increase from there in 2nd week.

Just one way to handle things, though. Many others will chime in with varients that have proven just as successful for them.

One note I picked up that's meant a lot (at least for me), I never unlock my pitches (Edit: why? blind scores are higher than when unlocking the pitch). I use note cards for ea. recruit and write down pitch and (score) on back, weekly totals and place on front. You pretty much get to know when you've unearthed his Very High and Most interests. If I can, right before a visit I might try to unlock some 80-something pitches to make sure I've got VH not just High. I'll compare unlocked pitches occasionally, when I see I'm A+ and competitor is one-grade lower (I list pitch on card as (75-C, for example) to let me know the score is actually higher but this ## indicates a compared score).

Last edited by GGGswim; 05-28-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

^^I believe he summed everything up for you.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »