Home

Share some of your greates recruiting stories

This is a discussion on Share some of your greates recruiting stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Share some of your greates recruiting stories

I would love to hear some of you guys stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Share some of your greates recruiting stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytarious5
I would love to hear some of you guys stories.
This has been brought up before, and some cynical people acted like jerks in that thread. But I have two great recruiting stories, both from NCAA 08. I was Hawaii, which meant I had Brennan, Bess, Grice-Mullen, Leonard etc...

I recruited an Athlete and after landing him placed him at QB. I still had Tyler Graunke so I was okay at QB but figured my recruit would one day take over the reigns. He was a 63 at QB.

Playing at UNLV I lost 3 WR's in one half to injury, so I had to take my Athlete QB and put him at WR. Second half he caught something like 8 passes for over 140 yards and the game-winning TD. He had speed of 94 as a Freshman. He stayed at WR and would have broken all school records if not for the guy I recruited the next year.

His name was Bo Martin and he was out of Texas. I recruited him hard and was always 2nd or 3rd on his list... end of season I beat USC in a big bowl game and he signs w/ me.

I don't have his stats handy... though I did keep them. He came in w/ 96 speed and ended up staying all 4 years, catching over 500 passes and something like 127 TD's. He had 7 or 8 TD catches over 90 yards in his career as I could hit him on the out and he would be gone.

So w/ him and the Athlete, Jonathon Brantley, I had two MONSTERS at WR helping ease the loss of Rivers, Bess and Grice-Mullen.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Share some of your greates recruiting stories

I watched for 15 minutes as my nephew offered a scholarship to a 5* (the recruit had his school #1) and repeatedly reloaded the dynasty until the recruit insta-commited.

Then I turned off the Xbox before he could save it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »