Home

Freakishly big backs in 12?

This is a discussion on Freakishly big backs in 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Freakishly big backs in 12?

I have a similar vision as well. Pretty much what Bobby Ross was trying to do with the Lions when he was running James Stewart behind Aaron Gibson and Stockar McDougal with David Sloan at TE.

I call it "the dumptruck" offense in my dynasty. Heh. But yeah I've never truly been able to because height and weight don't matter, and there's not really a whole lot of "big" recruits like the ones I want.

Actually, this relates pretty closely to what's being discussed here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...awareness.html
Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #10
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Unless they have tuned player ratings to be more realistic to players size (which it does not sound like they did), its a moot point.

My last dynasty I ran, I got all excited at one recruit... 6'2 245lbs back with speed. I signed him thinking i found the next monster back only to find out he had FAR lower TRK, and BKT then my 5'9 185 pound back. He was a 6'2 245 back with 99 elusive and 95 speed, but only 71 trk and 72 BKT.

In 4 years I had him his TRK and BKT never came close to matching the small backs on my roster even though he grew to 262lbs by his senior year.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Supposedly, momentum (and I believe weight, but this hasn't really been made clear) will factor into collisions now. So hopefully, this means bigger backs will be able to fall forward for extra yards when they hit a smaller defender.

I usually stick with small, scat backs, but this is something that needs to be put in the game. I'd love to have a guy on the depth chart that could hammer it in on the goalline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

If we were able to edit players in dynasty, this problem could be fixed. It surely is lack of Ron Dayne and Brian Jacobs type of backs. Just like it is a lack of big brusier FBs like Rathman and Schlisenger or Alsott.

In dynasty you have way too many small skinny dudes. That is just as bad as having a 330 pound recruit with 70 strength. Makes no sense.

I want a big bruiser back that drag corner backs several yards before they actually fall down.

IMO they need a balance rating that determines how well a player can maintain their balance when they get hit and tackled. Where as if you were rated high in balance, one player couldn't make you fall. You would stumble yeah, but being your balance was high, you would put your hand on the ground to regain your balance and keep on running.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I actually have a back now that is 6-4, 253 pounds with like a 91 TRK and a high 80's in breaking tackles.

I love to pound it out as an ex college fullback myself.

I always recruit the run blocking OL and the blocking TE's!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #14
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

In the tuning blog, i remember them saying that created recruiting classes will more resemble the default roster. With that in mind, i hope they had a good balance of power backs. If so then the problem is fix.

With that in mind, i'm also interested in finding out if weight matters in the collisions or is it momentum only.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #15
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
I actually have a back now that is 6-4, 253 pounds with like a 91 TRK and a high 80's in breaking tackles.

I love to pound it out as an ex college fullback myself.

I always recruit the run blocking OL and the blocking TE's!
Same here. Sometimes I'll even recruit finesse-blocking OLs and convert them to TE just so I can have essentially 7 or 8 linemen in my 1-back formation.

Of course, all that hinges on having a huge bruising bull of a back carrying the rock 25-30 times a game. I'm always disappointed when I get "power" backs who are 5'10" 195 lbs. or something like that, and I can never find backs over 230.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDuck
Same here. Sometimes I'll even recruit finesse-blocking OLs and convert them to TE just so I can have essentially 7 or 8 linemen in my 1-back formation.
I don't even try to hide it haha, I'll put a tackle out there with a tackle number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDuck
Of course, all that hinges on having a huge bruising bull of a back carrying the rock 25-30 times a game. I'm always disappointed when I get "power" backs who are 5'10" 195 lbs. or something like that, and I can never find backs over 230.
I spread mine out, I have a few backs 230 or above. My main back gets 18-22 carries, 2nd back gets 10-15 and third gets 3-5 and my fullback gets 7-8. My QB varies wildly from game to game depending on what's working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »