Home

Gameplay Improvements?

This is a discussion on Gameplay Improvements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Gameplay Improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
"Actually can work" sounds kinda sketch still. It's not like PA passing is like running a reverse or something really risky.
Well, I'm trying to make sure I don't sound like they're money plays either, because they're not, as they shouldn't be.

The primary thing the team told us had changed was that the defense would react more to the play fake. I also saw less quick "win" animations by the defensive line. In my opinion, the biggest problems with NCAA '11's Play Action was that the defensive line would be able to quickly get off their blocks and bypass the running back on the play fake. Those were both tweaked, from what I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
i'm still confused on the dive catches...i've seen several catches on deep balls down the field so that wouldn't be new right?
I don't recall seeing any diving catches being made in NCAA on this generation. I don't recall any on the last generation either.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #18
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
i'm still confused on the dive catches...i've seen several catches on deep balls down the field so that wouldn't be new right?

Just dive catches over the middle were put back in the game because they were in NCAA 08
I think the "new" part is the user's ability to initiate a dive catch. the CPU users were always able to dive catch(as someone who doesn't user catch, I've seen the my CPU controlled WR make a few dive catches in NCAA 11 and before). also there seems to be a few new dive catch animations on top of that.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think the "new" part is the user's ability to initiate a dive catch. the CPU users were always able to dive catch(as someone who doesn't user catch, I've seen the my CPU controlled WR make a few dive catches in NCAA 11 and before). also there seems to be a few new dive catch animations on top of that.
OK now i see USER controlled dive catches being new

I was confused earlier because i have a few saved videos of the CPU WR's making diving catches on me in NCAA 11

I hope these new dive catches don't lead to them removing some of the other SPC animations in the game....most people don't get to see all of the catch animations because they seem to be triggered and tied into QB accuarcy.....usually EA makes the QB's way too accurate so in return the game does trigger the SPC animations enough unless you make the QB's less accurate

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »