Home

So no stadium builder/editor?

This is a discussion on So no stadium builder/editor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #17
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: So no stadium builder/editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Yeah, Because the weather is why Syracuse wouldn't get the recruits.

Seriously though, Ann Arbor and Columbus both have climate's comparable to that of syracuse. Doesn't stop the recruits, or the fans.
Well apparently OSU needed to give the recruits and players a little extra to come and play in Columbus
Old 05-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

I've never understood the hate on a dome. In my opinion, a dome or retractable roof are acceptable. When I played with Idaho, I enjoyed playing in the dome because I didn't have to worry about wind or rain. I also liked how loud it got, even though it was Idaho (This would be shown better in NCAA 12 with the whole, Dynamic weather thing). I hope they give us some Dome templates for NCAA Teambuilder at least.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
Sorry for making a thread for just this, but I can't find a definitive answer.

Going to be really bummed if there isn't one. Dominating the SEC with Arkansas State in front of 15,000 people is kind of lame.
nothing has been confirmed... and if it was all you would have to do is search this forum, they find all the info.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxion
Well apparently OSU needed to give the recruits and players a little extra to come and play in Columbus
If they don't get probation for this particular lack of institutional control then something is wrong with the NCAA. Considering they played for National Titles while some of this may have been going on I imagine they will get barred from the post-season in addition to lost scholarships. Its likely to be USC 2.0.

Would the fact that the generic stadiums only hold 50,000 matter though? I know in the PS2 version your stadium would grow in capacity just not in appearance (BDS@HGF only holds 55,000 it was around 70,000 or 80,000 by year 8 of my dynasty in 07). Does that still happen on the current gen?

Last edited by Iceman87GT; 05-31-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: left out a point I wanted to make
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #21
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT

Would the fact that the generic stadiums only hold 50,000 matter though? I know in the PS2 version your stadium would grow in capacity just not in appearance (BDS@HGF only holds 55,000 it was around 70,000 or 80,000 by year 8 of my dynasty in 07). Does that still happen on the current gen?
I know it increases over capacity but to what amount I'm not certain. Most I've seen is 3-5,000 greater than the stadium capacity using Ohio's small 30k stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
I've never understood the hate on a dome. In my opinion, a dome or retractable roof are acceptable. When I played with Idaho, I enjoyed playing in the dome because I didn't have to worry about wind or rain. I also liked how loud it got, even though it was Idaho (This would be shown better in NCAA 12 with the whole, Dynamic weather thing). I hope they give us some Dome templates for NCAA Teambuilder at least.
Because football is more fun to play in the snow or the rain then it is to be inside of a dome. I guarantee that anyone here that has played the sport will tell you that when we all started playing football.. there was no such thing as a dome. Pee wee? No dome.. Middle school? No dome.. High School? No dome.. so we want to play football in college and in the pros with... No dome. We want to watch college and professional football with.. No dome. Us Vikings fans have wanted the Dome to be removed ever since before I was even born. If Penn State or Pitt had a dome, I don't know how I'd deal with myself.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
Rookie

Eggl's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't get the hate on domes either. I'm from North Dakota, so trust me I know about bad weather. Ours is worse than any of yours in Green Bay, Minnesota, New York, etc. I think all sports should be played indoors. You shouldn't have to deal with elements while playing sports. I've also played in the snow and the rain and I'd much rather be in a dome. I'd also rather watch a game in a dome than one in snow or rain.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggl
I don't get the hate on domes either. I'm from North Dakota, so trust me I know about bad weather. Ours is worse than any of yours in Green Bay, Minnesota, New York, etc. I think all sports should be played indoors. You shouldn't have to deal with elements while playing sports. I've also played in the snow and the rain and I'd much rather be in a dome. I'd also rather watch a game in a dome than one in snow or rain.
I am pretty much mutual on the topic. I live in Florida, so the weather here is nice. Sometimes I wish that the Rays were to be played outdoors, but then I go to a game where its 95 degrees outside and its just great to come inside and watch the game. It also feels cleaner and of course louder. (The Vuvelzelas and the Cowbells!) So I can see the same for games being played in the Winter where its freezing cold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »