Home

Reaching for the Brass Ring on NCAA Football 12’s Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Reaching for the Brass Ring on NCAA Football 12’s Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Reaching for the Brass Ring on NCAA Football 12’s Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Got a question - With Jim Tressel resigning, will anyone be editing Ohio State's coach prestige to simulate the real NCAA? If so, what's the appropriate range? I'm thinking between a D - C+ (Only C+ because the interim guy got promoted is an alumnus).

Also thinking about dropping Ohio State's overall prestige, if possible.
Why? They were THE Ohio State University before that loser Tressel got there and will continue to be THE Ohio State University after him and be fine in the long haul. I don't get why people think their prestige should drop. And I'm by no means an OSU apologist. I'm enjoying all of this turmoil they are going to and going to go through, but they are still an elite program.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember 2k Sports hyping up Coaching Carousel in College Hoops 2k7 as much as EA has done for NCAA 12. I think the folks at 2k figured that fans expected that feature to be in there in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the addition of coaching carousel, I just wished EA hadn't copied and pasted it from CH2k7 without any major additions like JalenTigh had pointed out.
Well think about it. Its been on a wishlist for EA NCAA games for quite a while, everyone who buys the NCAA game by EA have come to expect it not in the game. So what do you do when you introduce something consumers havent seen in your game? you advertise(hype).

Don't compare this first attempt by the NCAA team with CH2k7 or CH2k8(which was the best by a NCAA title) compare it with CH2k4 which was the first implementation of a CC which "only" had a job search feature. Its was fresh but nothing special when you look back, EA has done way more on their first attempt than 2k did on theirs.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember 2k Sports hyping up Coaching Carousel in College Hoops 2k7 as much as EA has done for NCAA 12. I think the folks at 2k figured that fans expected that feature to be in there in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the addition of coaching carousel, I just wished EA hadn't copied and pasted it from CH2k7 without any major additions like JalenTigh had pointed out.
But you gotta understand that:
A) As far as I KNOW, this has never been done in a football title before, and
B) It's their first year implementing it, anyway.

Could they have added something innovative or new? Yeah, but at least it's in. There's nowhere but up to go for EA.

Also, there's always mention of College Hoops having it, and how great it was. Where did they go from there? Not far, apparently.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Why? They were THE Ohio State University before that loser Tressel got there and will continue to be THE Ohio State University after him and be fine in the long haul. I don't get why people think their prestige should drop. And I'm by no means an OSU apologist. I'm enjoying all of this turmoil they are going to and going to go through, but they are still an elite program.
But you're forgetting that prestige is equal/akin to RESPECT. Ohio St. will no doubt lose respect in the eyes of many, and this could bring down their dynasty. I mean, not only did high schoolers come to play for Ohio State, but many (of the top recruits) came to play FOR Tressel. Not to mention, they knew they could be above the NCAA law.

They are elite, but they will lose respect in the NCAA . I think a drop to a 4-star or 5-star program is warranted, and don't be surprised if you see top recruits shy away from Ohio State, which is what ultimately keeps a college dynasty going.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #21
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
But you're forgetting that prestige is equal/akin to RESPECT. Ohio St. will no doubt lose respect in the eyes of many, and this could bring down their dynasty. I mean, not only did high schoolers come to play for Ohio State, but many (of the top recruits) came to play FOR Tressel. Not to mention, they knew they could be above the NCAA law.

They are elite, but they will lose respect in the NCAA . I think a drop to a 4-star or 5-star program is warranted, and don't be surprised if you see top recruits shy away from Ohio State, which is what ultimately keeps a college dynasty going.
The sanctions are the only thing that would keep recruits away, OSU doesn't really lose respect so long as it's an elite program.

And do you honestly think the players knew before hand that they new they could sell their memorabilia at a small tattoo shop in Columbus? If you think that what's happening at OSU is an isolated incident, you're naive.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
The sanctions are the only thing that would keep recruits away, OSU doesn't really lose respect so long as it's an elite program.

And do you honestly think the players knew before hand that they new they could sell their memorabilia at a small tattoo shop in Columbus? If you think that what's happening at OSU is an isolated incident, you're naive.
I'm pretty sure any top recruit going to a school KNOWS he'll have a longer leash and star status on campus. No I'm not naive, I know this goes on around the US.

I also find it funny that Pryor decided to go to a team meeting in one of his many cars, knowing he's being investigated for receiving improper benefits.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'm pretty sure any top recruit going to a school KNOWS he'll have a longer leash and star status on campus. No I'm not naive, I know this goes on around the US.

I also find it funny that Pryor decided to go to a team meeting in one of his many cars, knowing he's being investigated for receiving improper benefits.
I think everyone knows how dumb Pryor is at this point, but I think he's failed to realized it himself. Life's about to about give him a right hook to the face, maybe then he'll figure it out.

Anyway He needs to removed from the team, he's nothing but a detriment at this point. I know He'll be removed from any roster I use in NCAA 12.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I think everyone knows how dumb Pryor is at this point, but I think he's failed to realized it himself. Life's about to about give him a right hook to the face, maybe then he'll figure it out.

Anyway He needs to removed from the team, he's nothing but a detriment at this point. I know He'll be removed from any roster I use in NCAA 12.
Yeah, true. I wonder if he still thinks he's a top NFL prospect.

Ill keep him on my teams, but I think if any team is gonna use Ohio State in an Online Dynasty, they have to "suspend" him and the other 5 players for 5 weeks (Basically drop em to the bottom of the depth chart), unless it comes out Pryor is off the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »