Home

Playoff system and custom conferences

This is a discussion on Playoff system and custom conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #33
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Playoff system and custom conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
#4. No rematches. If you have CCG's you have a possibility of a rematch which is something that is just not good for college football.
Why do you think rematches are bad for football?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #34
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
So if I added teams to the Big East to get to 12 teams, would that automatically give them a conference championship game?
Yes. And... here's the fun part... you get to choose where the Title game is to be played. You can choose the team that has the best record to host the game or you can choose any stadium in the game, ala an alternate site.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #35
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't like that because some conferences are too weak and too powerful... I say keep everything the way it isand as for playoff system do 6 conference champions make it along with 4 at large bids who will play in a wilcard round with the two winners advancing to the final 8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #36
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes. And... here's the fun part... you get to choose where the Title game is to be played. You can choose the team that has the best record to host the game or you can choose any stadium in the game, ala an alternate site.
NICE, thanks dude. I haven't been his pumped for NCAA Football ever. If only we could have a playoff system, maybe some day.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
If only we could have a playoff system, maybe some day.
I am totally against a playoff. College Football is the only sport with an exciting regular season. All other sports regular season are boring. College Football is the only sport where the first game of the season could cost you a shot at the championship. The whole regular season is very exciting even if your team is already knocked out of the national championship race as one loss could cost you a shot at the championship.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
Why do you think rematches are bad for football?
I have to agree in some cases. If the same team wins twice, well great, you know who was better, so it is almost "what's the point?". And then teams tend to get boosts if they have title games over teams who don't play.

The other case is what if each team wins. Who was really better? Yea, this team won in the title game, but that team won the regular season. Maybe they wouldn't have been in the game if they had lost before. It leaves questions.

I much prefer what the Pac 10 did, going with the round robin. 9 conferences games should yield fewer FCS games unless teams wuss out like they do now. You get higher quality schedules and a guaranteed conference champion. Not like that mess in the Big Televetwelve where two teams can be tied at 7-1, one of those teams beat the other, but they'd still be called co-champions.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
I am totally against a playoff. College Football is the only sport with an exciting regular season. All other sports regular season are boring. College Football is the only sport where the first game of the season could cost you a shot at the championship. The whole regular season is very exciting even if your team is already knocked out of the national championship race as one loss could cost you a shot at the championship.
Why would anyone be against a playoff system? This gets rid of any type of controversy for a true champion! Even with a playoff, every game matters. They need to do away with this crap BCS National Championship and get a playoff. I did my own type of playoff system last year and simmed with NCAA 11 and the rose bowl would've been the national championship
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #40
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
Why would anyone be against a playoff system? This gets rid of any type of controversy for a true champion! Even with a playoff, every game matters. They need to do away with this crap BCS National Championship and get a playoff. I did my own type of playoff system last year and simmed with NCAA 11 and the rose bowl would've been the national championship
He has a point College Football system as of now forces teams to play hard every quarter, every Saturday. None of that resting your starters BS that happens in almost every other sport near the ending of the season. Now I love the plus 1 idea though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »