Home

Wildcat No-Huddle?

This is a discussion on Wildcat No-Huddle? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Wildcat No-Huddle?

Not that I'm a no-huddle freak or anything (only run it with teams that use it in real life), but there seems to be an issue with its use in Wildcat sets.

Ideally, it'd look something like this:
(1) Call and run a standard play from an I-Form set,
(2) After the play is over, no-huddle to a Wildcat set with the QB out wide and the HB under center in shotgun,
(3) Run a wildly successful Wildcat play.

Instead, because you've got to package sub your HB in at QB, there's no way to no-huddle to a proper Wildcat play. This seems like it's more an issue with the way Wildcat formations are set up to require package subs than an issue with the no-huddle system (though that has issues in its own right).

Now, I'd consider no-huddling to a proper Wildcat to be strategic (catching the D off guard, right?), but I can see how some could potentially consider it cheese. I figure this must be the reason EA set the Wildcat packages up with the QB under center. Thoughts?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I'd like to see them limit the no huddle to similar personnel groups or only formations with more WRs than the original formation.

So if you come out in Singleback 3 WR, you would have all 3,4,and 5 WR sets available. You would not have I Form available so as not to have WRs playing FB.

Now it would also be really nice for the game to recognize proper placement of player for the Wildcat formation.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Wildcat No-Huddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'd like to see them limit the no huddle to similar personnel groups or only formations with more WRs than the original formation.

So if you come out in Singleback 3 WR, you would have all 3,4,and 5 WR sets available. You would not have I Form available so as not to have WRs playing FB.

Now it would also be really nice for the game to recognize proper placement of player for the Wildcat formation.
I totally agree about limiting no-huddle to similar personnel groups. And if you no-huddle to formations with more WRs, then those out of position players should have terrible AWR or RTE ratings. I mean, I'd still like FBs to be competent receivers out of the backfield, but they shouldn't be able to effectively run downfield option routes if you no-huddle them out wide.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Last edited by WipeOut464; 05-31-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Have any of you ever run wildcat in RTG? You would think you essentially become the quarterback, but no. You don't even control the snap count..
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought the QB always lined up as a WR in the wildcat? Or does it change in no huddle? It may just be broken and not correctly lining up, I never really run the wildcat (aside from florida's heavy formation) other then in Madden where it doesn't really work right.

I forget if its Madden or NCAA, but if your playing as a QB and line up in Wildcat, I hate that you can't audible out of it, especially if it's called in a 2nd and long and you know it'll just be a wasted down.

Speaking of formations in the no huddle, I'd love to be able to hot route a receiver to block in the backfield. If you line up and you feel you'll need an extra blockier, it would be cool if you could hot route your slot or wide out and they'd line up in the backfield to block (basically opposite of motioning a RB). Would be a good way to disguise running plays when you can lineup with a single back and motion another into the backfield prior to the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

I hate it when a team runs the Wild Cat and then runs no huddle to a normal play and the HB is still at QB
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

my gripe with the wildcat is when you choose a passing play, you can't sprint with the HB @ QB... assuming this is to stop people from constantly using a HB with 95spd as a passer, and running with him the entire time.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #8
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
I hate it when a team runs the Wild Cat and then runs no huddle to a normal play and the HB is still at QB
THISSSSSSSSS

This has been a constant gripe of mine.
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »