Home

How should I go about giving tOSU the death penalty?

This is a discussion on How should I go about giving tOSU the death penalty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #33
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How should I go about giving tOSU the death penalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniableSkillz9
what the hell is the death penalty everybody keep talking about in sports.
In the 80's the NCAA completely shut down SMU's football program, then when it was reinstated they were not allowed football scholarships for a couple years. Completely destroyed them, they were a consistently good team back then. Now they just got their first winning season in like 20 years.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #34
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
In the 80's the NCAA completely shut down SMU's football program, then when it was reinstated they were not allowed football scholarships for a couple years. Completely destroyed them, they were a consistently good team back then. Now they just got their first winning season in like 20 years.
there is a great documentary that ESPN's 30 for 30 did called "Pony Excess" its really good
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

i won't do anything to the OSU in my dynasty: i expect them to be relevant again IRL before Michigan (& i don't expect the Wolverines to be kicked around much longer)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really don't think you can simulate the death penalty without removing the squad and replacing them with a team builder team. Even if you make them go 0-12 they will still have all the good players they had before that season started returning if they are eligible. If you want to simulate the sanctions the NCAA is probably going to hand out then you have to control the team and make the sanctions more severe. For example USC loses 10 ships a year for the next 4 years. That is a huge deal in RL, but in the game you can just load up with 4 and 5 * recruits and be fine, especially since in RL your roster cap is 85 but in the game you get 65 iirc. So you need to increase the loss by another 5 ships, so that when the four years are up USC only has 40 recruited players and a bunch of walk ons.

Regarding OSU, they are going to get harder than USC if everything that has been reported is true, mainly because the AD lost complete control. So I suggest only letting them sign 7 or 8 recruits a year and make them lose every bowl game and Big 10 championship game they play in. After 4 or 5 years let them go back to normal and watch them start climbing to the top again.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Sorry guys, I tried to keep this open.

I asked several times to keep this on the topic of the game, we have a completely seperate forum to discuss this topic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »