Home

Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

Amazon and release day shipping FTW... but I'm waiting to get it for a few months. I have other things to do and other games to finish so I'm going to just wait. Madden, however is same day for me as I haven't played Madden since 08 I believe and that was on XBox. Use the gift card Amazon gave me and get NCAA for $40 tops.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I traded in a few games to get a credit a Gamestop, but the one that I got the credit at is in the opposite direction from my house than where I work. So unless I happen to be off the day that the game is released (and I didnt request it), I probably wont even get the game until a few days after release anyways. Im MUCH too old for a midnight release, lol. I went to bed at 9:30 last night
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gamestop has to have at least 300 pre-orders in order for them to be open for the Midnight release. The gamestop I go to goes all out when they do their Midnight release. Big Screen for Ncaa Tourneys and other cool stuff, plus the fun of talking to other gamers. Course I picked up Ncaa 11 last yr at Wal-mart. If U want to find out if yr Gamestop is gonna be open at Midnight call and ask. or ask how many pre-orders they have when u go in next time.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Here in Blacksburg, Wal-Mart's done the 12:01 where they had a box of the games at the register, and handed them out to a line of about 10. So it's possible.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #21
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I might do it this year since I finally have a job, but who knows. Depends on how I feel and my work schedule, buying the game may be delayed just due to time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #22
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

I've been going to Walmart past 4 years get there 15 mins early go get some snacks and drinks for the night then I head back to the video game section. If your in a big store normally they will have a rack of them out on an end in a display orbthey might be behind the counter in the box they where shipped in just ask most of the time its painless and I've noticed the smarter employees work at night if I can say that about them
Old 06-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
The Walmart by me just became a 24 hour Walmart this year, but I've never tried to get a game from Walmart at 12:01 and I'm skeptical of how successful I'd be. The customer service (or lack thereof) at the Walmart by me really makes me not want to go there.

Does Walmart even take pre-orders in store? Is there a way to make sure they have copies up at the counter at 12:01?

Just wondering what kind of experience people have had in the past with Walmart or if there is anyone else out there with a similar dilemma and what they plan on doing.
I went into my 24 hour walmart at bout 10:30 am the day it came out. I had to ask the dude at the counter to go get it because they had yet to put them out. I would go Gamestop 100%, they have always been great for me.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #24
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

honestly if you care about the preorder bonus from Gamestop then just wait until the day of release. Midnight releases are overrated considering you'll probably end up waiting for rosters to be done anyway so it isn't like you're going to get right into your dynasty. You'll get the game at midnight, go home and force yourself to stay up for a few hours, go to sleep, wake up tired and not function as well the next day when you could just sleep normally, get it the next day and be fine. Its not like you're missing out just because others get it 6-8 hours before you.

I did the midnight release once for a Madden game and after that i never felt the need to do that again because it was pointless. I know some places do tournaments and stuff so thats a little different but if you're waiting for a midnight release just so you can go home right away and play the game for 2-3 hours then i'm sorry but i don't see the point in that. You've waited this long for the game, you can wait an extra few hours to get the game the next day.

Thats just me, to me a preorder bonus is more important than having the game at 12pm so i can test it out for a couple hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »