Home

Old 06-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #25
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: USC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Yes they would be punishing the TEAM. But why is a team in NCAA 12 getting punished because of their real life counterpart? Reggie Bush never existed in the game right? So NCAA 12 Football USC did nothing wrong then.

We need to separate real life from the video game somewhere. Nobody is trying to stop you from demolishing USC's roster in your game, but no reason for my copy to ship with any such ban the same way Madden doesn't ship with team draft picks altered.
NCAA Football can not represent any current NCAA player. Reggie Bush is a former player and he can be represented, as proven when he was on the cover of NCAA 07. Really that situation doesn't matter. What matter's is that USC broke the rules, and now they have to pay the consequences. This isn't really that big of a deal and isn't a game breaker, I'd just think it'd make the game a bit more realistic.

I'm not even going to get into how bad Auburn deserves to be punished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I'm not even going to get into how bad Auburn deserves to be punished.

And what exactly does Auburn deserve to be punished for? Do you know something that the NCAA doesn't?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #27
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawg
And what exactly does Auburn deserve to be punished for? Do you know something that the NCAA doesn't?
Don't we all? So everybody is gonna forget that Cam told that recruiter that he couldn't go to MSU because "the money was too much" at Auburn?

I mean, why are people kidding themselves - we all pretty much know Cam and his dad solicited money and probably got some from Auburn. The issue is what can the NCAA prove, and that apparently is not much (right now at least).

But the thread is essentially about putting discipline ratings back in the game - which I'm for. But I get why USC guys wouldn't want it.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #28
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

Quote:
Yes they would be punishing the TEAM. But why is a team in NCAA 12 getting punished because of their real life counterpart? Reggie Bush never existed in the game right? So NCAA 12 Football USC did nothing wrong then.

We need to separate real life from the video game somewhere. Nobody is trying to stop you from demolishing USC's roster in your game, but no reason for my copy to ship with any such ban the same way Madden doesn't ship with team draft picks altered.
Haven't picked up Madden in a decade, so maybe this is an obvious question, but why would draft picks be altered? Are you talking about post-draft trades not being reflected in rosters or teams trading future draft picks?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeah so the Patriots wont have 16 first round picks in madden like they do in real life
Old 06-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #30
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawg
Well you have the whole Newton situation, (is there anyone left who honestly believes he wasn't paid?) though I don't know that the NCAA can prove it. But even without that, you have the HBO interview with Stanley McClover and 3 other players where they stated that they were paid. I'm not sure how much more the NCAA needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Haven't picked up Madden in a decade, so maybe this is an obvious question, but why would draft picks be altered? Are you talking about post-draft trades not being reflected in rosters or teams trading future draft picks?
In Madden teams do not have accurate draft picks. For example, in real life the Browns have the Falcons 1st and 4th round picks because of the Julio Jones trade. In Madden, the Falcons will still have those picks. I'm not really sure why they can't update it. It was updated in NFL Head Coach 09.
Quote:
Yeah so the Patriots wont have 16 first round picks in madden like they do in real life
And why would teams having accurate draft picks be a bad thing?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #31
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
And why would teams having accurate draft picks be a bad thing?
I don't really have a dog in the fight, but if I were a Madden guy I'd want the draft picks to be accurate. Seems like a balancing issue - otherwise the Falcons get the perks of havin Julio Jones without any of the costs that go along with trading away future picks. I'm with volstopfan on this one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Nothing is wrong with it, thats a different topic I used as a quick example. No game uses real draft pick statuses. Every team starts at the same level in that regard. Its just another commentary on the devs not punishing gamers by default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »