Home

2001 Miami Hurricanes Roster

This is a discussion on 2001 Miami Hurricanes Roster within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 2001 Miami Hurricanes Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
There was a 1995 team that would beg to differ.

They can beg all they want, but no one has nor will they ever be as stacked and talented as the 2001 Hurricanes.

Glad you agree with me....

― Plato
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
There was a 1995 team that would beg to differ.

This. This. This.
Just check out the Tommie Frazier tribute, think it has Breaking Benjamin as the song in it. It's breathtaking. Arguably the greatest option QB of all time. The defense was no slouch either. All in all, I'd take the Huskers over the 'Canes.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They can beg all they want, but no one has nor will they ever be as stacked and talented as the 2001 Hurricanes.

Glad you agree with me....
Talent does not = great in every case. 2005 USC was way more talented then Texas, minus the QB position. Yet VY and crew have a NC. 95 Nebraska was the most dominant team in history. Steve Spurrier would agree and has. In 01 Miami defeated a below average Nebraska team who didn't even deserve to be in the Rose Bowl 37-14. Very sound victory. In 95 Nebraska beat Florida (a great Florida Team) 62-24.

Of course we could all throw out tons of arguments why so and so is better but IMO there is no comparison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Talent does not = great in every case. 2005 USC was way more talented then Texas, minus the QB position. Yet VY and crew have a NC. 95 Nebraska was the most dominant team in history. Steve Spurrier would agree and has. In 01 Miami defeated a below average Nebraska team who didn't even deserve to be in the Rose Bowl 37-14. Very sound victory. In 95 Nebraska beat Florida (a great Florida Team) 62-24.

Of course we could all throw out tons of arguments why so and so is better but IMO there is no comparison.
Even though there are only 6 years between the teams, they still played in different types of games. I'm a Miami fan, so I'll always believe they were the best team ever in all of college football. It's hard to argue against the 17 1st round picks that team had in one year.

― Plato
Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Even though there are only 6 years between the teams, they still played in different types of games. I'm a Miami fan, so I'll always believe they were the best team ever in all of college football. It's hard to argue against the 17 1st round picks that team had in one year.
Yes totally different eras. And as impressive as their draft picks are it is not a necessary perfect gage into how great a team is. A lot of draft picks are taken by potential, a lot are busts (not saying they were specifically but picks in general). Much like there eras were different so is the difference in players in the NFL and college. Think of all the greats in college football who dominated but never sniffed or had unsuccessful careers in NFL. Tony Mandarich, the Boz, Steve Emtman, Peter Warrick, Charlie Ward, Ki-Jana Carter, Matt Leinart, Tommie Frazier, Eric Crouch, Curtis Enis, Rahsaan Salaam, Blair Thomas, Houston's QB's, Trev Alberts, Robert Gallery, Tim Couch, Ron Dayne, Cedric Benson, Ryan Leaf, Charles Rogers, Hart Lee ****s, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, William Green, Akili Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Ken Dorsey, Alex Smith. That is just a few that come to mind who were great/dominating/some of the best in their era in college yet had no or below average NFL careers. Some were high picks too. It doesn't translate one to the other.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj

As a fellow Husker fan, I will agree that the 95 team was probably the best I've ever seen, but that Rose Bowl was a mercy score, Miami could have beat the Huskers by just about any score they wanted, it was 34-0 at half. Coker took his foot off the gas and finished the game with respect, Miami could have pretty easily hung 50+ on us that night, but didn't.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliehr
As a fellow Husker fan, I will agree that the 95 team was probably the best I've ever seen, but that Rose Bowl was a mercy score, Miami could have beat the Huskers by just about any score they wanted, it was 34-0 at half. Coker took his foot off the gas and finished the game with respect, Miami could have pretty easily hung 50+ on us that night, but didn't.
Colorado could too. But they are not in the argument. We were terrible defense in 2001.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #16
Pro

I guess the final thing I could say is how much both programs need to win, so we can stop dwelling on how great 95 Nebraska and 01 Miami were. I guess the one thing Miami fans have is they don't have to look back as far to see their glory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »