Home

Did they just not change a whole lot about NCAA cuz where is the news from E3?

This is a discussion on Did they just not change a whole lot about NCAA cuz where is the news from E3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Did they just not change a whole lot about NCAA cuz where is the news from E3?

I'm starting to think they just didn't change a whole lot. A few updates to Dynasty mode, some new tools for Online Dynasty (as long as you pay extra for them), and an updated/expanded version of RTG.

The most disappointing thing for me though is the lack of fixes for the gameplay. From looking at videos, players still skate all over the place, running physics/locomotion is still underpowered (resulting in twitchy movement all over the field and little penalty for change of direction), the same robotic OL/DL interactions devoid of any organic feel, mirroring DBs that don't know how to play the ball in the air, receivers that don't go up and fight for the ball, unrealistic pass speeds/trajectories, stiff animations, defenders that can strafe and backpedal faster than receivers can run downfield, etc.

Consecutive hit tackling (with momentum based collisions) and improved zone AI (if they work the way EA claims) were very, very big for the series. But it's just not enough, in my opinion. Those are two fixes for a game that needs a lot of changes. Maybe the next gameplay blog that they've been promising and the demo will surprise me (I really hope they do), but I'm beginning to doubt it at this point.

Last edited by Pokes404; 06-07-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Did they just not change a whole lot about NCAA cuz where is the news from E3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
E3runs all week. Today is the first full official
day
Yea the problem is there are hundreds of games being shown at E3. People can get to everything at once. The big games swallow up most of the attention for the first half of E3. In fact I usually wait til the Tuesday after E3 to go through everything with a finetooth comb(a lot of sites, and gaming journalists have their E3 wrapups on the Monday after E3).

Anyway at this point I am only looking forward to 3 games the rest of the year(though this could change as more games are revealed.)

#1. Assassin's Creed: Revelations- Nov 15
#2. Battlefield 3- Oct 25
#3. NCAA Football 12- July 12
Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

on this day a year ago we got info on the demo, and a week later it was out. hopefully we get the same this year.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
yea the game play was pretty awesome on 11.

blocking needed work and they did that
de's need to get a better rush and they did that (we hope)
zone D sucked the big one. fixed
i think the return game is still not right

11 made leaps and bounds progress over the previous years. you should be happy. they didn't add any of the gimmick crap like the old days. remember when it just got good they added all those things that started to kill it. ex: jump the snap, commit features. good stuff just took them a few years to get it working right. looks like ea learned from that and are Keeping It Simple Stupid. about time. get the zones working, de's getting a outside rush and linemen getting to the second and third level and we are money.
The only thing on special teams that a be a problem to fix is blocked punts. Punt returns: Slow down the gunners and have the lineman block, Kick returns: Improve blocking slightly ad let us pick which way we want them to block, FG: Just make it harder by reducing length and making accuracy with the right stick count more. Blocking kicks?!?! I don't hve an answer to.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

I noted in a thread back in early March how Gameplay would get the short end of the stick.

Folks kept saying, it's too early, there's still time.

I knew what was up when the 1st so called Gameplay Blog Part 1 was April 21st, then weeks went by to quickly slide into Dynasty stuff.

Which is good, but back to the OP's assertion when looking at what Madden has introduced to help with Gameplay, NCAA seems to only done some tweaks/tunning.

Part 1 leads to suggest that there is another Blog release on Gameplay.
With that though, what is there left to introduce as an improvement to Gameplay?

-Playable Broadcast Cam that's been asked for 2 yrs, is a no-go again.
-Mid-Season Player Editor is a no-go again.
-QB SHT/MID/LNG Accuracy ratings is probably a no-go for 2nd yr
-3-4 OLB Pass Rushing issue because they only are classified as Coverage or Run Stop is another In-House Tunning fix.
-Option Play just did not play out as Advertised and we're still waiting on info.
-The Community complained how horrible the Special Teams were and the lack of impact there was on Gameplay, but we're still waiting.
-Lack of Aggressiveness by WR to go get the ball at the highest point instead of waiting for it to fall in their lap.

There are many other Gameplay issues that have not been addressed that had a negative effect on Gameplay and we're about 4 1/2 weeks until release with little to no fixes made known.

Good Lord, when Skillz question about the QB Scramble Issue was finally asked, we were rewarded with a simple, "we Tuned them to react better"

What's odd is that this issue effected Gameplay on the College side mostly, but the Pro side included Player Traits to help drive Scrambling QB's to behave accordingly. (still scratching my head on this one)

So for Gameplay we got...

Removal of suction Blocking/Tackling, which are not New Features but tweaks/tunning to issues from last year.
It's basically a Tuner, that's it.

Better Zone Coverage that the vid's show nothing more than Def players Nano-Sliding to those areas to give the illusion of better AI coverage.
Players back-peddling as fast as the Off player running forward.
LB's still with the Super-Jump to swat/Int passes that should be well over their heads.

I'm definitely renting to see what will be the differences from NCAA 11.

I like some of the new inclusions, but I don't feel gamers should have to tweak hundreds of player ratings along with sliders, just to get 2-3 yrs of decent Gameplay before the issues force them to restart another Dynasty.
-Especially since we can't, for some unknown reason, edit recruits once again.

Oh well!!
The Truth will be told on July 12 and I'm curious to what the communities response will be to this years Gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #22
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am just confused. Over on the madden forum they have gameplay vids from E3, has NCAA not been shown at all yet?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I am just confused. Over on the madden forum they have gameplay vids from E3, has NCAA not been shown at all yet?
they just opened the doors to the booths at E3 not too long ago, give the people that are attending time.

NCAA is rarely ever shown during any of the pre-show press conferences for E3.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they just opened the doors to the booths at E3 not too long ago, give the people that are attending time.

NCAA is rarely ever shown during any of the pre-show press conferences for E3.
Again, I am just confused. I am pretty ignorant as to how all this stuff works, never been to an E3 don't even really know much about it to be honest. I wasn't trying to sound impatient or demand anything I just don't get how it all works or what the schedule is

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »