Home

NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #265
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA 12: TSO breaks down all 120 teams ratings and prestige

You guys DO realize that in the game, in the actual game when you play a dynasty mode with Texas and you had as season like they just had you would go down a notch right?

The issue isn't about what is right or wrong, the issue is why do team ratings change outside of the box that don't the follow rules that dictate team ratings changes inside the box. All the fanboys need to relax. It isn't about Notre Dame, it isn't about Texas, nobody has a vendetta against anybody.

We are trying to figure out WHY changes were made and why some weren't due to a lack of consistency regarding prestige rules EA themselves set. Thats it, its an objective discussion, please stop being so defensive.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #266
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online)

I honestly don't have a problem with the ratings (I do with the Prestige, but it really isn't a big deal)

I am pretty sure it is for balancing online. They gave us the ability to edit the rosters so we can play realistic Dynasties, but online they don't want the same 4 teams being used. With everyone rated high you will have more teams used Online and playing a game like Washington vs Alabama won't be an automatic win for Bama.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #267
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbreez90
I honestly don't have a problem with the ratings (I do with the Prestige, but it really isn't a big deal)

I am pretty sure it is for balancing online. They gave us the ability to edit the rosters so we can play realistic Dynasties, but online they don't want the same 4 teams being used. With everyone rated high you will have more teams used Online and playing a game like Washington vs Alabama won't be an automatic win for Bama.
You probably nailed it right on the head here. I just still think it sucks. In real life you still see good teams getting blown out by better teams but with the default rosters you wont see that.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #268
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Hmm... looks ok for the most part. I'm curious how Michigan got B+ overall defense after how bad they were last year on that side of the ball. I like how they tweaked the prestige ratings a little, bumping Auburn up to 6 and Notre Dame down to 5 was nice.

-Shug Jordan
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #269
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Michigan really does have some quality athletes on the team. They are not the top notch calibre that Michigan has gotten in the past but they are by no means horrible. The problem lately has been the leadership and when that is the problem it doesn't matter how good the quality of individuals is. I'm hoping now that individual coaches are simulated and tracked that the leadership side of the equation will now be part of Dynasty. Without that Michigan will be a top 10 team every year in the game once again despite their lackluster performances lately on the real field.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #270
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

OT, but does anyone else have problems viewing the page from their phone? It cuts off the entire left side of the screen and I can only read half the team names, if that. Odd.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #271
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

I think it's funny how if you have all B's and a C+ for special teams you get a 3 star prestige (Like Nevada) but get the c+ in specials teams to a B you get 4

Also does prestige really affect how well the team plays? Or is it just to tell people this program is this big nationally?

Last edited by Freakydeaky9; 06-24-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #272
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakydeaky9
Also does prestige really affect how well the team plays? Or is it just to tell people this program is this big nationally?
Yeah pretty much. In dynasty mode the lower your prestige, the least amt of top players are interested in your school. So your schools prestige plays a huge role in recruiting in dynasty. Outside of dynasty it has no real effect.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »