Home

Has season showdown been removed?

This is a discussion on Has season showdown been removed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #41
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Has season showdown been removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
And are we absolutely 100% sure that these points have no bearing whatsoever on our team's success? We're all assuming that the points don't matter, but are we totally certain that if, for instance, you have a bunch of high-profile recruits visiting your school for that game, and you get a few "-100 Running Up The Score" penalties, your final Sportsmanship score does not affect the recruits' evaluation of your school/visit?
they have 0 impact on anything in the game, its all about representing a school and seeing which school ends up with the most points at the end of the season. Stupid thing is the season is over but if you still play connected online you still get season showdown stuff even though the competition is over.

It was a complete fail IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually like the feature it helps to tell how people play the game.When i start an online dynasty i can tell the players who go for it on fourth down and run up the score then i know not to let them in the dynasty. And i know sometimes its stupid and shouldn't give you the negative sportsmanship but still its never enough to totally affect your overall rating i run up the score on rivals all the time and my sportsmanship score is still good.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #43
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they have 0 impact on anything in the game, its all about representing a school and seeing which school ends up with the most points at the end of the season. Stupid thing is the season is over but if you still play connected online you still get season showdown stuff even though the competition is over.

It was a complete fail IMO.
This is not fact

It has never been stated whether or not, by a dev, that the points earned or gained for sportsmanship don't have residual effects on the field and off.

If you claim it HAS been stated by a DEV then please link me to that statement. I will metaphorically shake your hand and apologize if that is the case but from what I know we have never been told straight up yes or no. We assume not but like I have said numerous times, more than once I have had my only serious injury of the season after running the score up or getting docked points for passing the ball on 3rd and long in the third qtr.

EDIT:

IT IS a complete fail, that isn't what I was saying is wrong. I am saying I truly feel it DOES have an effect on the outcome of certain CPU decided instances, like injuries, and I want it disabled for that reason

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #44
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

The burden of proof is on the people who think it impacts something on the field. Until a dev says it does it's safe to say they don't impact anything.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #45
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Why can't that work the other way? Who is to say one side is right when neither side can prove it? Seems unfair to me.

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #46
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
The burden of proof is on the people who think it impacts something on the field. Until a dev says it does it's safe to say they don't impact anything.
lol that's awfully convenient just because you are on the side opposite of those who feel it does have an impact. I can say the same thing regrading your argument, not very constructive.

OS Blog

Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #47
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
So you are saying that if we don't pick a favorite team, then SS won't be there to pester the hell out of us? If so... how do you get past that part of the game, because as soon as you put the game in it asks you to pick a team. How does one bypass that???
1- You still get points not as your favorite team.

2- If they change this in '12, just select Akron or Florida Atlantic or some team you never use
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #48
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

It has nothing to do with convenience. I don't care if season showdown affects anything. Even if it does the impact is so small I've never noticed it. My reasons for not liking SS have 0 to do with it's on the field impact.

All I'm saying is you guys want to claim it impacts something then prove it. And it needs to be more than just some anecdotal evidence about how you get more injuries after running up the score. Until then I'm gonna go ahead and assume it doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »