Home

Religation and Fluid Conferences

This is a discussion on Religation and Fluid Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Religation and Fluid Conferences

I'm interested in doing a dynasty like this. Just gotta work out the kinks.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #34
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

I like your idea very much Phily... but I think before really jumping in, you should take a week or so and sim a whole bunch of seasons to see how it works, how the AI handles it and what happens after a few years.

It would be awesome to have additional pressure on losing programs to turn things around and see new dynamics develop.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey thanks ackward! I was thinking a about setting this up in 2011 just to see if it would work with ai. What comes to mind first is that higher prestige schools will start off with horrible records. Ie Boise actually might lose 6-7 games so they may fall to the lower tier. This wouldn't effect recruiting too much since the may only lose 1 star prestige in the tier drop but more than likely would dominate the lower league and be right back up the next year.

Also, for a lowered tiered team that may possibly win the the bcsnc, it may have a big effect for them but the year to year won't change much. Since the conferences are all fluid, teams that are always good may not be good anymore and historical bad programs may turn good. I want to see this in my league but I don't think it will be as prevalent as one may think, if you figure only 2 teams drop from the top tier each year.

I am also hoping for yearly updates to conference prestige for recruitin purposes. That would help my setup a whole lot.

Those are just some thoughts I had about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #36
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
Hey thanks ackward! I was thinking a about setting this up in 2011 just to see if it would work with ai. What comes to mind first is that higher prestige schools will start off with horrible records. Ie Boise actually might lose 6-7 games so they may fall to the lower tier. This wouldn't effect recruiting too much since the may only lose 1 star prestige in the tier drop but more than likely would dominate the lower league and be right back up the next year.

Also, for a lowered tiered team that may possibly win the the bcsnc, it may have a big effect for them but the year to year won't change much. Since the conferences are all fluid, teams that are always good may not be good anymore and historical bad programs may turn good. I want to see this in my league but I don't think it will be as prevalent as one may think, if you figure only 2 teams drop from the top tier each year.

I am also hoping for yearly updates to conference prestige for recruitin purposes. That would help my setup a whole lot.

Those are just some thoughts I had about that.
When I do the dynasty like this I'm going to start with all conferences being very similar to they are now. I will have three groups of four tiers.

PAC 12 will be a top tier and still have WSU. Things like that are going to make my dynasty very interesting. How many tiers will WSU fall before they start winning?

Boise State will start in the fourth tier WAC so they will probably be in the third tier MWC after one year but how fast will they move to second tier Big XII (TCU, BYU and Utah will all start in the MWC)?

Notre Dame will start in the fourth tier Independants. How fast will they move up through the MAC and Big East to the B1G? (Not sure how I'm going to evaluate who the "Independant Conference" champion is)
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #37
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while now.

I'm planning on having 4 tiers. The top tier will consist of two conferences. Ideally, they would play the National Championship against one another, but I'm pretty sure it won't work out like this, no matter how it's set up.
The middle tier will have three conferences.
The bottom tier will be made up of six conferences.
The fourth "tier" will be the independents.

Now I do like conference championship games, but I'm afraid this may end up causing some odd end-of-season bowl matchups. I do like the idea of every team in each conference playing one another, though. So I'm trying to decide if each conference should have 10 teams or if the top two tiers should have 12 teams each.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #38
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

I chose to got with 12 teams in the top tiers because of the 9 game conference schedule and a conference championship. With the way I have the BCS bowls, It kinda serves as a playoff of sorts (as close as I could get to an actual playoff).
Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

I really like the super-conference idea so this is what I'm going with for relegation:

First Tier: 4 super-conferences of 16 teams
This will take care of the top 64 teams in the game every year. It will be nearly impossible for a National Title contender to come from outside this group, given that they will have a very weak strength of schedule.

Second Tier: 4 conferences with 10 teams
10 is the largest I could make this conference to make it possible in the game as well as a viable conference to play in.

Third Tier: 4 Conferences (One being Independent) of 4 teams
This is pretty much the throw away division. The conference level games matter very little and these teams must prove competency against higher levels to advance.

Every year the bottom 2 from Tier One will be replaced by the top 2 from the Second Tier. The worst team from the second Tier will be replaced by the best from the Third.

The conferences will be organized geographically so things still somewhat make sense and rivalries are kept alive.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #40
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4

Feedback please?

I took the Team Ratings/Prestige/120 Ranked list that came out, sorted it primarily by Prestige, secondarily by Team Rating, and tertiarily by Ranking (out of 120) to come up with a totally unbiased list (except from EA).

I'm either going to go with the 1st 4x16, 2nd 4x10, 3rd 4x4 model from above for the 12x10 model (12 conferences of 10 teams).

Please help me choose a model and help me decide if I should input my own bias to help protect some rivalries. Otherwise I was going to organize the conferences in a snake-draft style (1st conference gets 1st pick in odd rounds, last pick in even rounds) to create mostly-balanced conferences, mathematically speaking.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »