Home

Will CPU "mass sub"?

This is a discussion on Will CPU "mass sub"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Will CPU "mass sub"?

It's darn near a game-killer in dynasty mode when you're trying to build a program and taking your early lumps to have the CPU keep playing like it's a 0-0 game when it is winning 42-7 late in a game. I like to use mass subs to get some guys some playing time. In real life, a team not coached by Steve Spurrier would mass sub in that situation, but in NCAA on current gen the CPU has not mass-subbed. It's frustrating as hell to watch the CPU pile up points with starters who wind up with 300 rushing yards, etc.

I know this isn't a sexy topic that EA will trumpet in a press release, and it may not be detectable in the short amount of time people reviewing the game have had to play it, but is there any indication this CPU logic will be fixed? Like I said, it's practically a game-killer for me as someone who plays almost exclusively in dynasty mode with lower-level teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Will CPU "mass sub"?

yeah and then they get hurt and are out for the season. Makes no sense why they do not do this.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
yeah and then they get hurt and are out for the season. Makes no sense why they do not do this.
I tell you what, I wish I had the stick skillz to destroy players with the hit stick, because I'd make sure the CPU was taking its starters out in body bags!!! Alas, I am helpless with my weak stick skillz.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Ive never been down to the CPU 42-7 but i have been up 42-7 and put my subs in and the CPU never does.. When its in the 4th and your getting blown out why do they keep the starters in!!! It irks me to no end. Its not realistic
Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Although most, if not all of the Dynasty players here want this, we haven't really been as insistent as we could be about making sure that the development team know that this is a big deal. To me, this is more important than dreads, chain gangs, and a whole host of other things that are loudly lobbied for here.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really hope so. Pretty much I don't care about the gimmicks and whistles, I just want a deep deep and as close to real as possible Dynasty. This would help.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Its interesting: I have super-simmed games where Im up big in the 3rd qtr, and the "sim" will sub in backups for my team (I notice this when I choose "sim the next play"). But, the cpu doesnt sub in for itself when its up big when Im playing against it. Seems odd....

Not sure if Im being clear
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I tell you what, I wish I had the stick skillz to destroy players with the hit stick, because I'd make sure the CPU was taking its starters out in body bags!!! Alas, I am helpless with my weak stick skillz.
If it makes you feel any better I don't think it'd really make a difference, haha. I hit stick 90% of the time and barely injure anyone. Then again, maybe that's because it's damn near impossible to tell when a players injured because of the lack of notifications, but that's a whole other issue.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »