Home

Who won NC in your first year?

This is a discussion on Who won NC in your first year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #33
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who won NC in your first year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
By year 22 Alabama usually has added 13 National Championships. I hope that coaching carousel will change this
I am hoping that the fact that they stated they will be increasing the talent pool for recruiting classes will mean that the top few elite teams will not be able to take all the cream of the crop and that the wealth will get spread out a little more. The big problem is that Alabama takes a disproportionate amount of 5 stars mixed with some major Alabama simulation bias. So the increased talent pool should take care of the monopoly that Alabama and a few other schools hold and the carousel should hopefully help equal out that simulation bias.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2

Iowa State (me)
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #35
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf
Wow are you really that bad at the game? I did a dynasty with UAB on Heisman and never came close to a losing record and played in a BCS bowl in year 3.
lol I love that comment. Some of us follow house rules (no microing, no switching defenders, no user catching, no money plays etc) and set sliders so the game is realistically hard to build up a bad team. Plus UAB in conference USA is way easier than Utah State in the WAC. In my 4 years this is how it went:

Year 1 : 4-7 (4-3), no bowl
Year 2 : 7-6 (5-3), 4th place in WAC, upset Boise, lost Hawai'i bowl
Year 3 : 3-9 (2-6), no bowl
Year 4 : 10-2 (6-2) 2nd place WAC finish, lost bowl to Oklahoma State
Year 5 : in progress about to get to 3-stars and ranked for the first time.

So the question you should be asking isn't am I bad at the game, but why aren't you playing at a level that isn't a cakewalk?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #36
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
lol I love that comment. Some of us follow house rules (no microing, no switching defenders, no user catching, no money plays etc) and set sliders so the game is realistically hard to build up a bad team. Plus UAB in conference USA is way easier than Utah State in the WAC. In my 4 years this is how it went:

Year 1 : 4-7 (4-3), no bowl
Year 2 : 7-6 (5-3), 4th place in WAC, upset Boise, lost Hawai'i bowl
Year 3 : 3-9 (2-6), no bowl
Year 4 : 10-2 (6-2) 2nd place WAC finish, lost bowl to Oklahoma State
Year 5 : in progress about to get to 3-stars and ranked for the first time.

So the question you should be asking isn't am I bad at the game, but why aren't you playing at a level that isn't a cakewalk?
For curiousity sakes in your first three seasons your out of conference games are mostly losses. Do you go with whatever the automatic schedule gives you? That is part of your house rules too?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #37
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
For curiousity sakes in your first three seasons your out of conference games are mostly losses. Do you go with whatever the automatic schedule gives you? That is part of your house rules too?
I went with the default for year 1, which included Oklahoma on the road, San Diego State on the road, BYU at home and Troy at home. All of those games were close down to the final minutes except Troy, who beat me 21-0 (yeah go figure). I was running a spread and my QB fumbled every other time he ran the ball. I finally shifted to a pro style and went 3-1 in my last 4 games that first year. Subsequent years I customized my OOC schedule though. Keeping one tough road game but adding Wyoming (a rival) as my season ending game. Utah State loses everyone decent after year 2 but some transfers and a good recruiting year in year 3 led to a breakout season 4.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #38
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I went with the default for year 1, which included Oklahoma on the road, San Diego State on the road, BYU at home and Troy at home. All of those games were close down to the final minutes except Troy, who beat me 21-0 (yeah go figure). I was running a spread and my QB fumbled every other time he ran the ball. I finally shifted to a pro style and went 3-1 in my last 4 games that first year. Subsequent years I customized my OOC schedule though. Keeping one tough road game but adding Wyoming (a rival) as my season ending game. Utah State loses everyone decent after year 2 but some transfers and a good recruiting year in year 3 led to a breakout season 4.
Yeah, Troy is quite an anomale. They pull in some decent talent and play some unorthodox offense. I found Central Michigan to be another similiar unexpected challenge.

Call me a cheater but when trying to build up a very small program I cheated with the ooc games. Then again most big programs schedule warm up games where as little programs schedule themselves as warm ups so they can sell tickets and get themselves seen in televised games. I just treat my start up small teams as big programs looking for some warm up games.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #39
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Yeah, Troy is quite an anomale. They pull in some decent talent and play some unorthodox offense. I found Central Michigan to be another similiar unexpected challenge.

Call me a cheater but when trying to build up a very small program I cheated with the ooc games. Then again most big programs schedule warm up games where as little programs schedule themselves as warm ups so they can sell tickets and get themselves seen in televised games. I just treat my start up small teams as big programs looking for some warm up games.
I don't think that could really be called cheating. You could look at playing all ranked non-conference games cheating as well. One you're playing to get as many wins as possible, one you're playing to rank up as fast as possible.

Personally, I'm one of those people who play all the ranked teams I can.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 0

I schedule myself slowly... I pick the bottom of the BCS conferences first then move my way up to ranked teams... Takes a few seasons, but it seems slightly more realistic to go from playing FCS cream puffs to FBS cellar dwellers, to BCS conference cellar dwellers, to lower ranked opponents and finally up to the 'big boys' like Alabama, Oklahoma and the like about once or twice a season. I try not to cram top 10 teams in my OOC schedule...Maybe one or two preseason top 10's then a couple on the lower end of the top 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »