Home

Who won NC in your first year?

This is a discussion on Who won NC in your first year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #41
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Who won NC in your first year?

Vandy but I was playing as them.
Almost didn't get in. Was in 3rd for a while there and I assume that's because Florida was actually terrible and I had made sure to play them. Then they turned out to not do so well for real. The other undefeated lost at some point though so I got in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #42
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Utah Utes. They upset Bama in the title game.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #43
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Boise State in mine. Bama the year after, then Penn State, then Bama again.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #44
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Yeah, Troy is quite an anomale. They pull in some decent talent and play some unorthodox offense. I found Central Michigan to be another similiar unexpected challenge.

Call me a cheater but when trying to build up a very small program I cheated with the ooc games. Then again most big programs schedule warm up games where as little programs schedule themselves as warm ups so they can sell tickets and get themselves seen in televised games. I just treat my start up small teams as big programs looking for some warm up games.
It really has to do with your school's outlook I guess. It's interesting how top tier schools schedule creampuff OOC opponents, and bottom feeders typically schedule high level competition for the money. It's the schools in between like Boise, Utah, TCU that tend to schedule BCS opponents but not the elite ones. Utah vs Iowa State for instance, TCU vs Baylor, Boise vs VT, who turned out to be pretty good actually). So I'd say if you're a lower school with real hopes of advancing in the polls and prestige you wouldn't schedule those top tier schools, but the ones that help you climb the ladder. The video game presents a scenario that doesn't really exist, and that is the chance for the absolute bottom of the barrel program to climb to elite status, so how you do that really doesn't have an precedent in RL college football so I can't see how any particular method via scheduling could really be called cheating. My baseline is usually to at least have the overall SOS rating be no lower than my team, usually a notch or two higher.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Kinda off topic, but in year 2 of my Illinois dynasty, Northern Illinois was ranked #3 in the nation after 10 weeks. They were 9-0 and the only ranked team they beat was Wisconsin on the road (believe they were like #5 at the time). They then proceeded to lose their last 5 games of the season!

Thought it was something strange. I had never seen anything like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #46
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Maybe u should tweak ur sliders bro. If you haven't had those games where ur a small school and get pounded by the big boys, ur prolly playing on too easy difficulty or just quit when u do get raped. Besides, the WAC has better top teams than C-USA does.
No,unless ur independent army playing the big boys every year something is not right. 3-9?!?! A) You are having a tough time recruiting or B) your not that good at the game. Maybe it's because the only rebuilding job I took was Baylor but that's a realy rough season. And not everybody who is a good player cheeses.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #47
Rookie

illini74's Arena

OVR: 0

Used Illinois 13-0, kept the default season schedule in. Heisman level (55 for CPU) 45 for Player on the sliders. 7 min Quarters. Played Alabama in the National Championship beat'em 42-21.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #48
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
No,unless ur independent army playing the big boys every year something is not right. 3-9?!?! A) You are having a tough time recruiting or B) your not that good at the game. Maybe it's because the only rebuilding job I took was Baylor but that's a realy rough season. And not everybody who is a good player cheeses.
Perhaps you should try using a team that is worse then Baylor then? I play as both Oklahoma and whoever is ranked 120th in the Preseason polls. So last year that was Eastern Michigan. Then you find some great sliders and play. I never lost with Oklahoma, but Eastern Michigan I only won 5 games. It's a lot harder to play the game with crappy teams when you have the right sliders. Try throwing the ball as a QB in 60s OVR and have your QBA set to 0 in sliders. Not easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »