Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
That was one year...What's Utah done since...Good luck with USC and Oregon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #66
Rookie

I'm not a Bama fan either..
Old 06-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #67
NCAA Football 13 Technical Director

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blamalex
But if all of these super confrences played out then how would BCS tie-ins work, in real life. I think it's crap that the BIG East winner gets an auto bid. It's a horrible game every year. Oklahoma slammed UCONN last year. If something like this happened then the only BCS confrences should be SEC, PAC-12, B1G, and ACC. That is assuming Texas and Oklahoma leaves the Big 12. A 9-3 Alabama team is still twice as good as an undefeated Boise State...so the at large bids need to consider conference prestige and strength of schedule.
If there's any conference that doesn't deserve a BCS bid, it's the ACC.

ACC BCS Record = 2-11
Big East BCS Record = 6-7

Even if you take out the games for teams that moved to the ACC, the Big East's record is better at 3-5
Old 06-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuhl79

ACC BCS Record = 2-11

Even if you take out the games for teams that moved to the ACC, the Big East's record is better at 3-5
I don't know if removing anybody's bid would solve anything. If anything, I would say give a bid out to the PAC, Big XII, B1G, MWC, ACC, SEC, and Big East. However, you can place a caveat in there. Some kind of rule that states that the conference forfeits its bid if it can't produce a champion ranked in the top 14. Or at least something to that effect. That would keep the UConn situations from showing up and we'd still have at least 3 at-large spots to fill once you factor in the National Championship game, which, in my opinion should automatically go to the 3 highest ranked teams remaining, regardless of conference.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #69
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuhl79

ACC BCS Record = 2-11

Overall tradition and quality of teams in the conferences also carries a lot of weight. Just looking at those numbers doesn't really tell the whole story of the two conferences. You could also compare number of BCS title appearances (counting Vtech, The U and BC as big east teams) ACC 3 Big East 3 or BCS Championships won ACC 1 Big East 1 and compare those. But what does that really mean? http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4809942 I think a program like Georgia Tech having a 7-6 season will always be looked at as being slightly better than a Uconn team for example with the same record. Just my opinion.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #70
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
play yankee teams? does that make such a difference for texans fans?
Yes, us Northerners don't really care all that much about the concept of North and South but go down south and the term Yankee is a regularly used term and it isn't used affectionately. The idea of Texas joining the B1G is basically an idea of treason to many Texans I am sure. The only thing that might overcome that mindset is Money and lots of it. Then perhaps the officials at Texas might be willing to brave the firestorm they will have to face for joining the Northern Conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamalex
But if all of these super confrences played out then how would BCS tie-ins work, in real life. I think it's crap that the BIG East winner gets an auto bid. It's a horrible game every year. Oklahoma slammed UCONN last year. If something like this happened then the only BCS confrences should be SEC, PAC-12, B1G, and ACC. That is assuming Texas and Oklahoma leaves the Big 12. A 9-3 Alabama team is still twice as good as an undefeated Boise State...so the at large bids need to consider conference prestige and strength of schedule.
Remember, if the Big12 continues to break down as most of us predict it to do, the Big East is a great conference for some teams to look to as long as it still maintains its BCS status. As we can see TCU sees it as a great opportunity to maintain its place in the rankings while having AQ status. You can bet some other teams will see it as a place they can improve their programs. Such teams might be Baylor, Texas Tech (if they get tossed aside by Texas), Houston and maybe SMU. That is just in Texas and you cant tell me that the existing Big East teams wouldn't be drooling at the opportunity of playing games every year in Texas. Once you tie that up you have other Southern teams that would join up and all of a sudden you have a Big East that in my opinion could end up being much stronger then the ACC and most definately deserving of its AQ status.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #71
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1924
In an effort to prevent more essays, I'll try to keep this a little shorter

Eh, but what do I know.... I agree that there's going to be so much wheeling and dealing under the table that there's no way to predict how anything will really go down and we can't put any real confidence that what anybody has said to this point will necessarily be maintained once the dollar signs start flying.
Well as far as the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State situation goes then I guess we will have to just wait and see as to whether or not they stick to those guns when the fan begins to turn brown. If the SEC decides to go 16 then if they get Alabama and Auburn to play ball then that would make a very natural East West divide after you add Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and either Texas A&M or Texas Tech.

Yeah that might lead to a massive increase in challenge for those Big12 teams but their conference would in that situation be

Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
LSU
Arkansas

Is it really that much more difficult than the Big12 South was? You might say so but Arkansas and LSU are rivalries of Texas that you just dont see much from anymore but could easily be rekindled border rivalries and that is definately good for Texas. Texas could regularly beat Ole Miss and Mississippi State. This is not a bad situation for any of those four transplants from the Big12.

You mentioned Missouri starting it off. In my opinion it is Notre Dame that will start it off when NBC says that their ratings have tanked too far to keep that relationship going. They will jump ship for the B1G and the B1g will welcome them immediately in which case they will then look for another team to add to counter that and to me the obvious choice for that will be Missouri. When that happens if no other Big12 teams have jumped yet then it will be down to 9 and all thats left from the North is Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State. That will be when the Sun will begin setting upon the Big12.

I still think that Texas teams travelling to the West coast regularly to play games sounds great on paper but there are plenty of examples to show that travelling West through two time zones to play games is just not a good idea. It really messes with your team. That is when you do it just once, a move to the PAC would mean doing that multiple times every year. It is costly for one and the bang for the buck is much less then the possibility of winning the SEC West division that I outlined above.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 06-17-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: decrease the length
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #72
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

And the Big East has a winning record vs the SEC the last 12 years.

Uconn was beating South Carolina so bad in the 2010 papa john bowl, they ran hb iso/FB dive the whole 4th qrt and took a knee on the S Carolina 6 on 4th down.

The SEC has losing records against both the Big East (14-19) and the Pac-10 (9-12). proir to last season. i know lsu beat WVU and and ky beat louisville but uconn beat vandy. that makes the Big East 20-16 vs the SEC since 1998.

old link of the SEC fan site http://www.secsportsfan.com/sec-vs-b...-football.html dont believe the hype.

The ACC is 2-11 in BCS bowls yet they get a pass. the BIg East is 3-5

Every team and conf has ups and downs in the long lifetime of college football.

Guess who had these records;
2003= 4-9
2004= 6-6
2005=10-2
2006=6-7
2007=7-6

The op sports proclaimed greatest team of all time Alabama.

Historicly this is how the SEC breaks down. A snap shot is the final 2004 rankings when Auburn say they were cheated. .

SEC 2004
Tennessee 7-1 10-3
Georgia 6-2 10-2
Florida 4-4 7-5
South Carolina 4-4 6-5
Kentucky 1-7 2-9
Vanderbilt 1-7 2-9
WEST CONF OVERALL
Auburn 8-0 13-0
LSU 6-2 9-3
Alabama 3-5 6-6
Arkansas 3-5 5-6
Ole Miss 3-5 4-7
Mississippi State 2-6 3-8

Auburn out of conf schedule they played Louisiana Tech, The Citadel, and Louisiana - Monroe. and had 7 home games.

Notice every team accept Auburn and Geargia lost out of conf games and only half the schools had a winning record. Dont even talk about schedule. That why Auburn didnt get in the BCS game. Computer ate that schedule up. Since then the majority of SEC teams dont play very good out of conf games accept LSU and lately BAMA. And even they do neutral site games in Georgia or florida. Almost all the SEC bowl affiliations are within the SEC footprint and end up being home games.

Auburn has lost to USF and WVU in the last 4 years. The last time Ak went on the road out of conf, USC scored 70 on them in 2005. USC only scored 50 when they played at Ark. And that ark teamed played for the SEC championship that year.

If you look at the last twenty years that 2004 season is about what teams like South Carolina, vandy, kentuky, both Miss schools and Ark have done every year accept one or two fluke seasons.

Look at the SEC bowl record season before last. Look at the box scores and the yards on those SEC defense. Northwestern vs Aburn NU had like 700 total yards. Penn ST out gained LSU, Uconn blew out South Carolina. Ole Miss lost to an FCS school at home last year. The SEC has a Better top six then every other conf but its bottom six is overrated and ESPN hyped.

SEC schedule formula for the top six schools:
Play 3 non BCS schools=3 wins
top six gets Six wins vs bottom six.=9 wins
If you can split your 2-3 tough SEC games=10 or 11 wins

Since 9-0 bama beat 8-1 LSU they both stay in the top 10 and control the bowl. Since 8-1 LSU only lost to a 9-0 team the computers love both of them.
BCS bid.
Since Most Bowl games are in SEC footprint and SEC has the best and highest paid coaches. These coaches earn there money preparing for bowl games or first games of the season.
All that = SEC success

My weekly get SEC fans fired up/ pissed off post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »