Home

How should ratings compare to Madden?

This is a discussion on How should ratings compare to Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should ratings be the same?
Yes, but only certain ratings. 32 40.51%
Yes, all ratings in Madden and NCAA should be the same. Players in NCAA should just be lower overall ratings. 13 16.46%
No, a 99 in NCAA should not be a 99 in Madden on the field. 34 43.04%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: How should ratings compare to Madden?

I agree with the majority here that for a real world application certain stats should take a hit, but for me in a video game world I'm happy with how they are doing it this year. I like to draft the guys I played with and against in college and I don't want them randomly dropped down 20 points or whatever it is
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

The ratings should should remain static between the two games. 84 THP in NCAA should remain at 84 in Madden. The overall ratings should be figured on a different scale in each game and the ratings need to be strrrretched out in NCAA. Specific formulas for figuring the overall rating for each position in NCAA with different "weight" attached to each attribute would allow for a more realistic representation of the players who are great in college but don't quite have NFL talent.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #35
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0

Only tangible ratings should be carried over. Things you can measure like speed, strength, thr power, accuracy, etc. But i think every rookie has to take a drop on their awareness, which would give you great talent but not beasts on the field. But really i dont even care, im just dying on the inside waiting for NFL 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #36
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with the people saying the measurables should stay the same. I think how I will do it when importing my draft classes is just edit the measurables and leave the othe rrating to whatever madden generates them to be. That way there is still some randomness and I believe this could still lead to bust or hidden gems. It will be interesting to see how they import over intially though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »