Home

Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual"

This is a discussion on Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #25
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual"

My ritual has changed dramatically since EA added the locker feature to allow us to get rosters from people. It used to be I would spend two weeks working on rosters before I actually played a dynasty. Now, like last year, I will will just pick the game up and play some play now games to get the feel of the game for a week or so until rosters come out before I start a dynasty.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #26
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Pick it up on Tuesday then swing by the gas station and grab a couple cans of dip. Commence gaming
You must be my roommate.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Starting on the Release eve, I play Ncaa 09,10,11 before trading them in, see the kids and wife off to bed. then leave the house at 11:00, so I can hang with the rest of the gamers while we wait for Gamestop to open. Go In get my Copies (xbox&Ps3), Play in a few Tournament games while I'm there.(wal-mart has nothing, no tourney's). Then Leave come home head down to my Man-Cave and load up and Start Putting the HC names in the Game. (This yr its HC,OC & DC) gonna be a long night. Then after that's done. Load up a 12 roster then play away. after 90's roster comes out then I start up a Dynasty.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

My ritual has changed over the past few years. About a week or two before release I'd usually buy the lasted College Football mag and just start reading up on any school that I'd like to try and build up. A few years ago I used to work at a game store so I'd always get my copy early (my managers always accepted this as a rule). I'd take the first few games just to get a feel for any changes and wait for the beloved roster files. I'll take this moment to thank all those that are involved in the process. It's a ton of work and it's always appreciated.

Now I'm an office-drone so I can't really dedicate the time that I once did to the game early on, but that's what weekends are for. I still get the mags, and I found a local spot that will usually get me the game at least a few days early. I've even found myself occasionally going on the TeamBuilder site at work to just tweak a few things on my schools, on my free time of course.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who buys the Ncaa Strategy Guide? I buy this a few days before and read it like the Bible. Then I keep it by the toilet and Find a few new things throughout the month!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekOfferman
Am I the only one who buys the Ncaa Strategy Guide? I buy this a few days before and read it like the Bible. Then I keep it by the toilet and Find a few new things throughout the month!
While taking a mean dump
Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #31
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

For a month(or so) leading up to the game I watch my football movies, this year I started with 'Johnny Be Good' thanks to all the RTG info. Then when teambuilder FINALLY releases I'll make those teams from those movies...err update them from previous teambuilder.
Play, 'Play Now' mode with those teams...probably make tweeks. Probably play alot of RTG until the named rosters are done....not that i'll stop playing RTG when rosters are done.

I've been doing this for the last like 10 years...with the exception of the teambuilder...I'd spend the 1st few weeks making my moive teams while I'm waiting for my memory card to return with the names :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington
Sleep until fedex or ups comes with my copy from amazon on July 12 that's my ritual and my first time getting it offline it's a new ritual to I'm gong to do that every year.
I stopped doing that years ago when I lived in the midwest. Delivery always came around 4pm.....So I said forget this, I can get it at the store faster then they deliver it to my house.

And I will never forget the one year they delivered it to the wrong house and I had to wait 3 days for them to send me a replacement game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »