Home

ESPN Integration

This is a discussion on ESPN Integration within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
ESPN Integration

Am I the only one that is a little disappointed with how EA considers these pre game rituals such a vital thing to put in the game...and touts it as a great presentation improvement.

If you have never played NCAA Basketball 2010, go watch a video of the gameplay. The actual gameplay was pretty terrible, but the presentation was fantastic. Set aside the fact that they had 2 broadcast teams, something that I dont expect to see in the football series for some time. The way that they handled their ESPN integration was flawless.

Everything related to presentation was a direct copy from what you would see during a real ESPN college basketball broadcast. During the pregame you would see overlays with the starting lineups. During the games stats would appear and after timeouts the announcers would break down what was happening in the game in the same matter that they would on TV. In dynasty mode the top 25 and conference standings would appear during early parts of the game and the broadcast team would talk about it. It was really fantastic.

I enjoy the intros...well at least the first time that I watch them, but I understand why people enjoy having them in. But all they are is the same clip that you will see over and over again. I really wish that EA would focus more on in game presentation rather than these intros.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN Integration

you apparently havent seen the vids of them talking about the quarter breaks with highlight packages and doing all the in game stories.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
you apparently havent seen the vids of them talking about the quarter breaks with highlight packages and doing all the in game stories.
No, I have. That little end of quarter montage with no commentary pales in comparison to what NCAAB 10 had
Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
That sir is not ESPN. Thats something the develop team put in theirselves. NCAAB 10 resembles ESPN by every singel detail. NCAAF does not
Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
That sir is not ESPN. Thats something the develop team put in theirselves. NCAAB 10 resembles ESPN by every singel detail. NCAAF does not
Is that such a bad thing? As long as the presentation package is nice then I can live without it looking just like ESPN.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Is that such a bad thing? As long as the presentation package is nice then I can live without it looking just like ESPN.

I just think if you're going to have ESPN presentation then why not make it exactly like you see on TV? I agree with the OP NCAA B10 is the best presentation I've seen as far as following the same routine as TV. Now 2k11 has the best overall presentation hands down. But presentation in this year's NCAA 12 looks much better than 11 I will say that.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
you sure its not? because when ever i watch football on espn they have quarter, half, quarter, final highlight packages. With game stories. So we dont get the halftime highlights but quarter highlights with running stories is pretty dang close to ESPN. Right now in the presentation world they need to worry about is commentary, IMO. Everything else looks pretty good to me
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

The ESPN integration has been poor to useless. There is no excuse not to have 2 commentary teams , one for National games and the other for Local. The amount of commentary crews out there means there are plenty to choose from.

Look at the intro when every game starts we see a ESPN desk with lights and such and no crew at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »