Home

Weirdest thing that ever happened in your Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Weirdest thing that ever happened in your Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Redlightning's Arena

OVR: 1
Weirdest thing that ever happened in your Dynasty?

I had a dynasty (with EMU) in which Oregon State beat both TCU and Boise, and was ranked #1 for a while after Bama/tOSU lost. They finally lost to Washington, who seemingly always go undefeated in the first year.

Also, UConn becoming a 6-star by 2014.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Weirdest thing that ever happened in your Dynasty?

played with ND,scheduled 6 FCS schools, went bowling
Old 06-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually go through and sim a lot of games on my own to prevent a lot of those things from happening.

This is how it works: I'll play my game, then save, then before i advance to the next week I go through one by one the bigger games to ensure there are no super wacky results. if there are i just back out of dynasty without saving and reload to try again. That way I don't have to worry about waking up in 2016 and UVA is a 6 star while Florida is a 2 star. The computer definitely has its heart set on certain upsets though, which is really irritating. If I sim Alabama-Kentucky 15 times there's no way in the world Kentucky should win 11 or 12 in a row but it happens. Definitely one of EA's many little "features" that ruins the experience for the user. Sometimes I just go in and play the damn game myself to get the right result.

Last edited by Draconian Sanctions; 06-16-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Played a dynasty with a teambuilder team, Tahlequah Cherokee, and replaced Iowa State in the Big 12. All my players were players who at the time were in the middle of transferring or were possibly at a JUCO or not on a team. The idea was they transferred to my team, etc.

Anyway, the season started off fine until my top two QBs were out for the season about the 3rd game into the season. My 3rd string QB was horrible (I made the players extremely realistic to what they were in past versions of the game and/or what they would have been). I took my top WR (Chris Slaughter) who was extremely fast and a great runner and threw him in at QB. Ended up running 75% of the plays (other 25% was 3rd string QB passing/handing off) with the Slaughter at QB running options out of the spread, etc. It was a blast. My team ended up going 4-8 and missing a bowl, but it was one of the most fun seasons I've played.

The next season, even with healthy QBs, I would run about 25% of plays with Slaughter. I eventually phased it out completely and ended up winning the NC in the 4th or 5th season. One of my favorite dynasties.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

C Spot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlightning
I had a dynasty (with EMU) in which Oregon State beat both TCU and Boise, and was ranked #1 for a while after Bama/tOSU lost. They finally lost to Washington, who seemingly always go undefeated in the first year.

Also, UConn becoming a 6-star by 2014.
I have also had a dynasty where UConn became a powerhouse but weirdest thing i have had happen was Onterio McCalebb transferred to UAB. He took UAB from three wins the previous season to a one loss season and a C-USA championship. It was completely unfair he had the most ridiculous stats and should have won the Heisman but it seems like the Heisman always goes to the player of the game from the SEC championship game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Weirdest thing that I can remember was last year in NCAA 2011, I was coaching Buffalo in my off-line dynasty and in Year 2 PITT played Cinnci in the NC Game.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconian Sanctions
I actually go through and sim a lot of games on my own to prevent a lot of those things from happening.

This is how it works: I'll play my game, then save, then before i advance to the next week I go through one by one the bigger games to ensure there are no super wacky results. if there are i just back out of dynasty without saving and reload to try again. That way I don't have to worry about waking up in 2016 and UVA is a 6 star while Florida is a 2 star. The computer definitely has its heart set on certain upsets though, which is really irritating. If I sim Alabama-Kentucky 15 times there's no way in the world Kentucky should win 11 or 12 in a row but it happens. Definitely one of EA's many little "features" that ruins the experience for the user. Sometimes I just go in and play the damn game myself to get the right result.
This. I don't mind UVA rising to a 6* or some powerhouse dropping (It happens IRL) but the 20 sims w/o a win are just annoying. Example:

I'm SDSU.

Game: AF @ SDSU
Ovr: C vs B-
Off: C+ vs B
Def: C- vs B-

Obviously SDSU, who is injury free, should win. HOwever, after simming it a dozen or so times, the record stands at AF 12 SDSU 0. And none of the games were decided in the single digits except for one.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Redlightning's Arena

OVR: 1

@C Spot: Yeah, this happens a fair amount. Star Jackson nearly always transfers, as does whichever of the Shinskie/Marscovetra duo that didn't win the BC quarterback battle. In the aforementioned UConn domination dynasty, Marscovetra went to UConn and won the Heisman in his senior season.

@Andrews85: Don't see how that's possible, since they're both in the Big East.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »