Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Utah vs. Colorado

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Utah vs. Colorado within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #41
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 12 gameplay - Utah @ Colorado

Two things I notice from these videos......

- Pass rush is still pitiful. What's the point of fixing the zone if we can't get any sort of pressure with our front four? I am going to absolutely pick that zone apart with no pass rush from my opponent's DL, so he'd better be bringing a blitz on every play and do his best to disguise where exactly it's coming from.

- Containment is still broken in rush D. It's too easy to just bounce it outside. Linebackers aren't hitting the gaps. Run blocking looks severely overpowered, again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #42
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Getting fed up with seeing user vs user games need to see a user vs cpu game.
Check to see if the option playbooks are broken and to see if the QB makes the right reads this time. Got fed in last years game of seeing the QB cross the line of scrimmage only to see him pitch the ball into the CB back.

Also want to see how quickly the cpu breaks huddle and if they let any time run off the playclock before snapping. And the no huddle of going into one formation with WR playing FB into another formation without even calling a play at the line needs to stop.

I'm I asking for to much ?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Two things I notice from these videos......

- Pass rush is still pitiful. What's the point of fixing the zone if we can't get any sort of pressure with our front four? I am going to absolutely pick that zone apart with no pass rush from my opponent's DL, so he'd better be bringing a blitz on every play and do his best to disguise where exactly it's coming from.

- Containment is still broken in rush D. It's too easy to just bounce it outside. Linebackers aren't hitting the gaps. Run blocking looks severely overpowered, again.
I say we wait and hold off on the pass rush conclusions, I believe in the Nebraksa vs. OSU video, the Cornhuskers Jarred Crick got a few sacks and created some havoc. Maybe these two teams have terrible Dlines also. I do agree with you that if the pass rush is like last year the zone defense wont work anyway cause Wr's will get open sooner or later. I would rather have no pass rush rather than last year it seemed like lower DL's would sometimes dominate higher rated OL's with ease.

I think the problem with run blocking is that the Lb'ers sometimes react too slow and that allows the o-line to open up huge holes where as the Lb'ers should get to the hole a little quicker and really force the RB to find the hole.

Otherwise the gameplay looks pretty good, the zone defense looked good and seemed to play correctly, there was a few plays where if Colorado would have read the defense correctly he had wide open guys streaking downfield. Even on the pick 6 there was a WR open farther down field, it finally seems like the offense is going to have to actually find a open receiver rather than just waiting for the skinny post or crossing route.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #44
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm trying really hard to find a difference in gameplay from '11 to '12 and i'm just not seeing it. This looks like NCAA '11 to me. I wish that wasn't the case and maybe the videos aren't doing the game justice. I'm still buying, but still, dissappointing
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #45
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

Also tackling looks exactly the same as last year and the gang tackling (or lack there of) looks nothing like Madden 12. Not sure why they aren't using the same tackling engine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack23
I say we wait and hold off on the pass rush conclusions.
Can't do that, it needs to be addressed before release.

We went through this dance last year of waiting and waiting and waiting for something to be done about the Pass Rush.

Also, I have seen not one word about the 3-4 OLB Pass Rush issue.
Especially since players are suppose to play towards their Classification this year (so they say) and OLB are only classified as Coverage and Run Stop.

Maybe this only applied to the QB's with how weird things are prioritized with this game.

Point blank though, the community made known this issue days after last years release and to see it constantly show in these vid's is an issue.

Even is Zone plays are called, there should be some type of pressure.
It doesn't have to be 2-4 sec pressure, but some type of pressure.

Guys getting Stonewalled by "One" OL is GARBAGE.
I can see if they are doubled teamed, but by one guy, that's just Junk-Tweaking.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'm trying really hard to find a difference in gameplay from '11 to '12 and i'm just not seeing it. This looks like NCAA '11 to me. I wish that wasn't the case and maybe the videos aren't doing the game justice. I'm still buying, but still, dissappointing
I don't think it's a huge upgrade at all.....i think it's a more refined game with cosmetic improvements that's not a bad thing IMO.

but did anyone really expect a major jump up from 11 to 12?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #48
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I don't think it's a huge upgrade at all.....i think it's a more refined game with cosmetic improvements that's not a bad thing IMO.

but did anyone really expect a major jump up from 11 to 12?
I'm not sure what i expected. To me Madden looks like it took a pretty big leap forward and i guess i was just hoping for the same with NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »