Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video: Alabama at Oklahoma State featuring Zone D

i love the way they fixed zone coverage this year, and to clear everything up on pressure on the QB, if you think about it its 5v4 and most likely the ol are better as pass blocking than run blocking. see it all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #42
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
No pass rush angers me.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #43
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Man that reminded me a little too much of 09's Impenetrable Wall O-Lines

A good front 4 should be breathing on the QB in an average of about 3-4 secs.....thats what you should be shooting for....3-4 Secs

And heres a Patch Tuner/Request already by the looks of that vid:

After you turn up the Pass Rush across the board

****Give the Interior DTs and 3-4 DEs more of a Power Push animation and less of the completely coming free variety......Have em push the OL right back into the QB****

And let the ratings of the DL vs OL, like strength, determine the speed of the push
Note: In most cases the OL should always be getting pushed back a little

Heres an example

Now the 4-3 DEs/3-4 OLBs need to shoot off the ball and get up the field fast taking away that immediate roll out out that so many people like to do in these games

Listen Im still excited for the game, but these changes are desperately needed to enhance ,specifically, the Online gameplay and strategy

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #44
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I actually like what I've seen so far with Oline and Dline play... good balance.. yes this video seemed a little off from the others.

The thing that bothers me is the Shotgun running...

yes they ran two plays... the draw and what looked like a sweep.. I watched it an hour ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I know they ran a draw, and that was the one run play from shotgun last year that worked... Yes they got 4 yards on the other that is a good gain, but you can't tell if it will consistently be viable.

They seem to stay away from shotgun running in all videos, which worries me.

(Yes you could run from the shotgun last year by drastically changing sliders, but you shouldn't have to do that to run out of one formation.)

Hope they show some more of this..

All in all I loved the zone, and all has looked good, if only they could show the shotgun running, I know others want to see it.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #45
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Realistic and effective pass rush is CRITICAL. Otherwise, you set yourself up for every game being 42-41, 38-35, 52-45, etc. No one should have 8-15 seconds to complete a pass. Defense becomes impossible at that point.

Not saying that's the case here, but if EA neutered the pass rush, that's exactly what it will turn into.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Realistic and effective pass rush is CRITICAL. Otherwise, you set yourself up for every game being 42-41, 38-35, 52-45, etc. No one should have 8-15 seconds to complete a pass. Defense becomes impossible at that point.

Not saying that's the case here, but if EA neutered the pass rush, that's exactly what it will turn into.
if you really think about it though, most games in real life are like that. since your an auburn fan i can assume you know they had theyre fair share of those games. jus sayin
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #47
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw24
if you really think about it though, most games in real life are like that. since your an auburn fan i can assume you know they had theyre fair share of those games. jus sayin
Most games are not like that.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #48
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
The point of the video wasn't to show a pass rush. You can easily get one. We intentionally called zone defenses without blitzers/pressure to show everyone how the defenders were playing zones against different passes. You can get pressure in the game. We'll show that off in an upcoming video.
I'm sure I speak for OS when I say that if there's any tuning left, please let it be the front 4 pass rush.

sent from parts unknown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »