Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Alabama at Oklahoma State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #49
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video: Alabama at Oklahoma State featuring Zone D

I've seen pass rush in other videos... watch the CLemson vs. South Carolina for example... they stated that this was to show zone pass defense so pass rush was dumbed down.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
No pass rush angers me.
I think the problem is with EA out of the box is they can't seem to find a good balance between pass rush and pass blocking

i know in NCAA 09 the Offensive Tackles were dummied down so bad they would just stand and watch DE's blow by them that was EA's idea of a pass rush out of the box

last year from scanning the rosters i saw a huge upgrade in the ratings for the OL and in return it made pass rushing a little more difficult without slider tweaks the tackles weren't as brain dead as they were in NCAA 09

It woudln't surprise me at all if they reduced some defensive ratings like block shedding, strength, power move, finesse move and pursuit all in a effort to make the scrambling logic for the CPU QB's work this year and be effective. You see in order for that part of the game to work they have to reduce certain defensive ratings or else a QB will look to run but he'll never get anywhere....the side effects to that is all those ratings tie into the DL ability to pass rush effectively and that is why i think people are seeing no movement up front by the DL's front 4 in these videos

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that QB's still don't throw any off target passes. There should be passes thrown in the game without touching a single slider that appears to make a QB inaccurate at times during a game

Even the great QB's like John Elway has some throws that simply get away from him with or without pressue in his face

The only way to make EA's QB's to throw off target passes down the field or over the middle is to edit reduce their passing sliders within the game and that shouldn't be the case

So watching this video display the new zone coverage is cool and all but there wasn't single throw in the entire video that i saw was too low, too wide too deep or simply out reach of the DB, LB or WR's to make a play on the ball

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-18-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #51
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I think overall, we need to look at this and say that it is an improvement. Because it is. The video's intended for zone defense and it looked pretty good. When he got aggressive, he was punished, and when he tried to throw to the flats, it didnt always work. Both those were missing in 11'. I like what I see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0
Game play is still the same. Its freakin 2012!! can we see something we haven't seen before. Play calling the same, sideline appearance the same .... players looking like card board boxes. I can't believe that this is the best they can do (copy n paste). We need different options. This sucks! 2012 i can't believe it with all the new technology. This game play is no difference the 06,07,08,09,10 and 11. Only difference is the enhance presentation, WOW!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeld1
Game play is still the same. Its freakin 2012!! can we see something we haven't seen before. Play calling the same, sideline appearance the same .... players looking like card board boxes. I can't believe that this is the best they can do (copy n paste). We need different options. This sucks! 2012 i can't believe it with all the new technology. This game play is no difference the 06,07,08,09,10 and 11. Only difference is the enhance presentation, WOW!
dude you ppl are ****ing whinners what else do you ****ing want if you dont like it then make your own dam ****ing game and quit ****ing whinning like a bunch of little bitches
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So watching this video display the new zone coverage is cool and all but there wasn't single throw in the entire video that i saw was too low, too wide too deep or simply out reach of the DB, LB or WR's to make a play on the ball
the passing game is essentially arena football with 11 guys on the field. that ridiculous accuracy kills online play even against non cheesers because it makes every qb the same.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #55
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I actually like what I've seen so far with Oline and Dline play... good balance.. yes this video seemed a little off from the others.

The thing that bothers me is the Shotgun running...

yes they ran two plays... the draw and what looked like a sweep.. I watched it an hour ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I know they ran a draw, and that was the one run play from shotgun last year that worked... Yes they got 4 yards on the other that is a good gain, but you can't tell if it will consistently be viable.

They seem to stay away from shotgun running in all videos, which worries me.

(Yes you could run from the shotgun last year by drastically changing sliders, but you shouldn't have to do that to run out of one formation.)

Hope they show some more of this..

All in all I loved the zone, and all has looked good, if only they could show the shotgun running, I know others want to see it.
You can run from the shotgun this year. Tested this extensively when I played the game at E3.

Also, pass rush is more aggressive by CPU and as a human you can get pressure on the CPU QB. Played multiple games on All American default sliders.

As was mentioned by Mr. Dewiel, these vids are just focusing on certain aspects, in this case zone coverage. 10 days until the demo :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #56
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
its nice that you want to show off the zones and coverage but that doesn't mean the pass rush should be non existant. Basically what that says is you can't get a pass rush without blitzing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »