Home

I need help naming divisions in my new Big East

This is a discussion on I need help naming divisions in my new Big East within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #41
Rookie

TDiddy8701's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I need help naming divisions in my new Big East

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf
LOL at posting sorry FCS teams beating sorry ACC teams. VT would have beat JMU by 40 if they played again at the end of the season or any other week. Other than the one fluke loss of VT to JMU none of the top ACC teams would ever lose to teams like that. The only reason they lost that game was because of the layover after the Boise loss. As a FSU fan I would love to play JMU or any other FCS teams that think they are big shots. Oh and talking about playing on the road, I would welcome to come beat you all like a drum in what ever tiny crappy stadium you play in. We would destroy you all by 60 points if we wanted. LOL calling the ACC a joke when you are a fan of a sorry small FCS school. Who even cares about boring a$$ FCS football. I could see a SEC fan talking trash about the ACC but a FCS fan, really? All teams in the FCS are jokes, enjoy going to games that are never on TV in front of 20k fans. We will stick to playing in prime time games in front of 80k fans on national tv. I don't even know what JMU is good for, did your basketball team make the tourney? Did your baseball team make the tourney? What are you all currently ranked in the directors cup? I guarantee every ACC school is ranked well ahead of JMU in the directors cup.
blah blah blah

your right... FSU "throttles" FCS teams

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292550052

haha you beat JACKSONVILLE STATE BY 10 LATE IN THE 09 SEASON, which looks maybe WORSE than the VT loss last year... arent teams supposed to be better late in the year?

you guys are JUST as much a joke as VT... Jax St. is HORRIBLE and is in a MUCH weaker conference than the CAA

why didnt you beat THEM by 60? Jax St wouldnt even be .500 in the CAA

once again, i'm not saying we're better than you or the CAA is better than the ACC, but i would be EMBARRASED by the product the ACC teams are putting on the football field with their superior facilities and additional scholerships

stop drinking the koolaid chief, and realize the ACC isnt in football what it used to be, like the rest of america

and btw, we were in the NCAA Baseball tourny, as well as, the WBB NCAA tourny
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
Soccer - USA, Rangers

http://twitter.com/Doug_Ley

Last edited by TDiddy8701; 06-18-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #42
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy8701
first off Liberty and Colonial are horrible names for divisions, as they are already names of a premier FCS team (Liberty Flames) and the best FCS conference (Colonial - CAA)

second, where is Villanova? more than likely they will be moved up to the Big East in football very soon-like
Villanova isn't going anywhere for now. Until they get their stadium problems solved and show a real commitment to football they won't be joining the Big East in football.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #43
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
How about Pretenders & Non Contenders
Oh look a Michigan fan talking about being relevant.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #44
tnf
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy8701
blah blah blah

your right... FSU "throttles" FCS teams

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292550052

haha you beat JACKSONVILLE STATE BY 10 LATE IN THE 09 SEASON, which looks maybe WORSE than the VT loss last year... arent teams supposed to be better late in the year?

you guys are JUST as much a joke as VT... Jax St. is HORRIBLE and is in a MUCH weaker conference than the CAA

why didnt you beat THEM by 60? Jax St wouldnt even be .500 in the CAA

once again, i'm not saying we're better than you or the CAA is better than the ACC, but i would be EMBARRASED by the product the ACC teams are putting on the football field with their superior facilities and additional scholerships

stop drinking the koolaid chief, and realize the ACC isnt in football what it used to be, like the rest of america

and btw, we were in the NCAA Baseball tourny, as well as, the WBB NCAA tourny
Wow you are really reaching bringing up games from 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure if we start going through history every major team has had an off day against a FCS team at least once. Not to mention that 09 team was probably the worst team in Bowden's time at FSU. I look at the way things are currently. Wow JMU sure is doing it up in football. You talk about terrible that would be JMU. How are you all going to move up to FBS when you all are going 6-5 in the FCS? UNC will destroy you all with a new QB to start the season this year. Oh and congrats on your baseball team making the tourney and lol bringing up WBB, who cares about that. FSU has made the tourney for like 30 + years and has over 14 trips to the College World Series plus was one game away from going back this year. Our basketball team was an overtime win away from making it to the Elite 8 in basketball. In football we beat 2 SEC teams, won the Chic Fil A bowl and finished with 10 wins. Not to mention must preseason polls have us in the top 10, ESPN even had us number 2. Oh and not that anybody cares but our WBB team made the tourney as well.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #45
tnf
Rookie

Here is the ultimate test, the directors cup which combines all sports.

ACC teams ranking nationally
Duke 3
UNC 6
FSU 9
UVA 10
Maryland 16
VT 43
Clemson 50
Miami 55
BC 61
GT 65
NCST 68
Wake 72

The highest ranked CAA team in the current directors cup is William and Mary at 89. JMU is really big time on athletics with a ranking of 146.

As I said before nobody is claiming the ACC is the best football conference, but we are not one of the worst either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #46
tnf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Villanova isn't going anywhere for now. Until they get their stadium problems solved and show a real commitment to football they won't be joining the Big East in football.
The Big East should really go ahead and offer UCF, not sure what they are waiting for. UCF is a sleeping giant IMO with their location, facilities, and fan base. I think it really is the next best move for the Big East, plus it brings back the rivalry with USF. Not to mention UCF is not bad at basketball or baseball. Their basketball team started off hot but then fell off but they have the money and support to start putting a competitive team on the court. Their baseball team is solid, they beat us once and beat UF twice this year while making the tourney. ECU would be another team I think would be a good choice.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnf
Here is the ultimate test, the directors cup which combines all sports.

ACC teams ranking nationally
Duke 3
UNC 6
FSU 9
UVA 10
Maryland 16
VT 43
Clemson 50
Miami 55
BC 61
GT 65
NCST 68
Wake 72

The highest ranked CAA team in the current directors cup is William and Mary at 89. JMU is really big time on athletics with a ranking of 146.

As I said before nobody is claiming the ACC is the best football conference, but we are not one of the worst either.
I honestly cannot believe a JMU fan is on here talking smack towards the ACC. Purely embarrassing on his part.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #48
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8

How about the Appalachian Division and the Atlantic Division?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »