Home

Well one thing is for certain

This is a discussion on Well one thing is for certain within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Well one thing is for certain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
Many of these kids who claim to be great at this game, I destroy EVERY SINGLE TIME I play them. I've had a few loudmouths over on the EA Sports Forums talking sideways like this, and destroyed them in the game.

That doesn't excuse the fact these elements are still in-game. I was losing to a guy once because the 1st half was CLEARLY in his favor down 28-7 online. I eventually won 44-42 in one of the most ridiculous displays of football I've ever seen. Fumble after fumble, silly ints thrown for no apparent reason, and we both had our mics on and were actually laughing at how silly it looked. He fumbled at least 4 times in the 2nd half, and I ran two of them in, and he threw an int that I returned for a TD, and he was clearly yelling that the ball had no business going in that direction as he intended another WR.

I've seen this happen to me at an incredibly high rate while playing the cpu offline. If the cpu needs a stop, you'll fumble almost on cue, or take a silly looking sack. Or you'll get trapped in a vacuum animation and can't throw the ball to avoid a sack and it's a fumble, or your star player will take a silly hit and get injured so the cpu gets an advantage.

This stuff can't be made up. And those saying they never seen it DO NOT play these titles. Period!

You just don't like losing it is that simple. I've played games where the cpu came back. I've played games where I took a big old mudd monkey right on their chest. It changes each game, I've played about 9 seasons of online dynasty so I think I have a big enough sample size to talk about it. You just remember the ones that make you mad, not the celebration ones.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I have played 90+ ranked matches and am 10 seasons deep in a dedicated, full 12 team OD (everyone gets at least 4 user games a year before bowl season) and I have never seen anything close to the level of CPU buggery you mention here.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
Rookie

usaftacp121's Arena

OVR: 1

I would say 90% percent of my fumbles are user error, over using juke and trying to spin out of stuff, every time contact is made and i try to do much, a fumble is pretty likely to happen just like in real life when players do the same.... just saying.
RIP #42 PT "RLTW"
Old 06-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaftacp121
I would say 90% percent of my fumbles are user error, over using juke and trying to spin out of stuff, every time contact is made and i try to do much, a fumble is pretty likely to happen just like in real life when players do the same.... just saying.
And using the truck stick can almost guarantee a fumble unless you also use the protect ball button. Kind of annoying, but if you know what you're doing you can prevent a lot of unnecessary fumbles.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 13

I agree with the majority here, this thread is an **** failure. Just because your experience isn't the way you want, doesn't mean it's that way for everyone else. Fumbles happen. Get over it. Cover the ball. Learn to play the game.

The only time I really see comeback AI is at the end of the half or the end of the game. The offense tends to do better against me when they're in hurry up. But honestly, if you still think the game is 'predetermined,' you're making excuses for your lack of ability.

EDIT: Why is the word e-p-i-c censored?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

The guy is crying over on Madden's board as well, I can see a chronic complainer/whiner if there is one, and the OP...well he is one without a doubt.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Show me where they lied.

I will let this thread stay open for now, but its on a very short leash.
Ooooh internet admin hardass. Dude has a point. The CPU picks the winner of each game before it's played. I know if I am picked to win because if I am, crazy stuff will happen to help me win. If not, I won't be able to do anything to win.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarInDaTrenches
Ooooh internet admin hardass. Dude has a point. The CPU picks the winner of each game before it's played. I know if I am picked to win because if I am, crazy stuff will happen to help me win. If not, I won't be able to do anything to win.
That's just not true. You may think that in games where bad things happen to you, but I just see that as an opportunity to step your game up. Not whine about the computer picking winners and make up conspiracy theories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »