Home

Anyone else have no hope for in-game sounds?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have no hope for in-game sounds? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Anyone else have no hope for in-game sounds?

in game sounds have been lacking for years so this is no surprise and i don't expect it to all of sudden be top notch this year either

for the last two years i've just downloaded enough stadium music to the game soem sort of atmosphere i could tolerate

if you've played NHL 11 or NBA Live 10 those are atmosphere's EA has yet to bring to their NCAA game makes you wonder what si taking it so long

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
Ya this is a huge issue for me as well. Playing as Fresno State I am able to put in all the authentic custom sounds at appropriate times and it sounds realistic and great atmosphere. But I don't know most other team's exact sounds nor am I given enough slots for them. I wish they would let you put multiple sounds for each event and have them randomized because it gets old having the same generic sound for a first down for every team.
Yes, randomization for the sounds would be awesome! NHL has this, why not NCAA?
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

I think they've said that the crowd attendance/sound will be more dynamic this year, but I could be mistaken. With the various songs for 3rd downs and such, they can't do much because of licensing, like you said.

This may be something you're interested in though.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ad-2012-a.html
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i think when they added custom stadium sounds it was their way of saying "just do it yourself" so it took the burden off them. The bands have always been a pet peeve of mine. If you listen to Hail to the Victors in the game it sounds so slow compared to the way its really played.

I guess its too much trouble for them to get sounds from each band because they have to go through each marching band to get them.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #13
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I guess its too much trouble for them to get sounds from each band because they have to go through each marching band to get them.
Yeah, I'm not asking for them to even go that far...just make the songs a little more up to date with what you hear on gameday.

If the audio goal of NCAA '11 was to recreate the sounds from a mid-1960's Army/Navy game with the great Roger Staubach at quarterback, then job well done.

If it is trying to recreate today's game,...well the band sounds have changed a little.

Most band songs currently are either covers of very well known songs (think: Don't Stop Believin), or if they are generic, they are more percussion-uptempo based. As stated, nobody expects the game to secure licenses to be able to put cover songs in, but generic songs can be created by EA that approximate what you hear from the stands on Saturdays in the 21st century. And please at least axe all the old timey band marches that rely on lengthy trumpet flourishes. It's honestly extremely corny.

(Again for those who skipped the original post, I'm not talking about school fight songs, I'm talking about songs played after 1st downs, 4th downs, etc. Fight songs are fine, except some do need to be more up-tempo as JerseySuave mentions)

Last edited by JMUfootball; 06-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

First of all, you're missing out on custom stadium sounds. I was reluctant to use them at first, and it can take some work, but it's worth it. I found a lot of great cheering content online that I can be use for all teams in various situations. That horrible default "defense" cheer last year motivated me to open Garage Band and do work. This year, we get 200 slots for sounds, which is even better.

Now, I've also seen some people compliment the crowd noise in these recent videos. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what noise are they talking about? The cricket sounds coming from the stands? I will say the crowd reaction in NCAA tends to be better than in Madden. In Madden, the crowd looks like meth heads at a rave. They jump up and down the whole game and take flash photography. Save the camera flashes for the post season. But noise wise, I'm not feeling it from the NCAA videos I've viewed thus far. Maybe that is part of the WIP. Football games tend to have a level of crowd noise throughout that builds. It's like an ocean shore. It never really goes quiet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »