Home

Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG?

I guess I didn't know the disk space thing was a load of crap. In that case, I guess RTG shouldn't be gone. I'd just really like the features added that I mentioned. And to the guy who said that they can't allow you to modify stadiums because they are copyrighted, what about in the old madden games when you could do it? They were copyrighted back then weren't they? How is it different?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I doubt EA will ever add FCS teams this gen due to Team Builder. It was kind of there way of saying we don't want to spend the time and money creating FCS team jerseys/stadiums so you do it. But adding the FCS playoff system would be a dream come true.
Yeah good point. In that case they have to keep expanding on Generic stadiums and different looks with those.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't particularly LOVE Road to Glory, but I will always play through it while I patiently wait for the OS group to make their awesome corrected Rosters.

If you would promise me that getting rid of RTG gave us all the FCS teams then I would be fine with it. I just don't see that happening though. I think they would be more likely to just remove RTG (Which I do not see happening anytime soon)
Old 06-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

I played it back on PS2, but have hated it since. Honestly, I see no reason to have it as a separate mode. If it were up to me, I'd just have it as an option in Dynasty mode. Want to follow a player more closely than others? Choose him to be a 'RTG' player in your dynasty. When he leaves or even after the season, switch it up or choose not to follow anyone and play normally. Having a completely separate mode, especially with so few features (the biggest of these being empty high school games and an adjusted camera angle), seems like a waste to me.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #21
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

i hope they keep rtg only if they continue to improve the game mode..if they abandon the game mode like madden did with superstar mode for several years than yes..i could care less...i really have no trust what so ever in ea to continue improving a game mode each year..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #22
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

RTG was pretty fun previous gen. I've got no love for it on the 360 though, mainly because of the awful playcalling. I'm a 98 rated RB on a power running team and I only get 6 carries a game. Wut. I've got some faith in it this year, though, given all the changes they've made to the mode.

If you're gonna start lopping things off in the name of disc space, start with Mascot Mashup, One-Button Mode, and the Erin Andrews filler.

FWIW, I think the reluctance to putting in FCS is more about time than disc space. That'd be 126 extra rosters to try and bang out. I think we're better off with Teambuilder and custom conferences (though it'd be nice if we could either rename them or create new ones).

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #23
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzle
they have plenty of disk space for sports games, especially on blue ray. no need to get rid. add more!!!!!
NCAA will never utilize the full space of BluRay because it's multiplatform. If they only made it for PS3 then we would probably see FCS teams, more modes, better graphics...
Old 06-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
i hope they keep rtg only if they continue to improve the game mode..if they abandon the game mode like madden did with superstar mode for several years than yes..i could care less...i really have no trust what so ever in ea to continue improving a game mode each year..
I agree
When someone said "Scrap RTG/SS. It is a waste of space and is holding back the potential of Franchise/Dynasty" I would usually defend that mode. But after Madden 10, I did not defend it because it was so boring, it was a waste of space. But I like the changes to RTG(besides only 5 min Q) and SS(besides being auto-starter).
I really hope that offline modes continuely gets improved. It seemed like for Madden 10&11 the main concern(beside gameplay) was Online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »