Home

Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #25
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Am I the only one who wishes EA would take out RTG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
NCAA will never utilize the full space of BluRay because it's multiplatform. If they only made it for PS3 then we would probably see FCS teams, more modes, better graphics...

exactly.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
If you're gonna start lopping things off in the name of disc space, start with Mascot Mashup, One-Button Mode, and the Erin Andrews filler.

FWIW, I think the reluctance to putting in FCS is more about time than disc space. That'd be 126 extra rosters to try and bang out. I think we're better off with Teambuilder and custom conferences (though it'd be nice if we could either rename them or create new ones).
I think Mascot Mashup, One-Button Mode take up much space. I dont think they would take out One Button Mode because it is for casual first time users to get a feel of the game.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Without RTG I wouldn't even get NCAA so no I hope they keep it in.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #28
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
I understand some people like it and that many people play it, but I just wish they would take it out and use that disk space for something more useful like FCS teams or the ability to add-on to your stadium in a dynasty or something. I just don't see how people have fun playing RTG. I wish it were gone so it could make room for one of the aforementioned features instead.
I have been saying this for the last 3 years, but my complain was more along the lines that the game mode was boring and bad a rating players.

With that said, I think they have found a formula for success with this game mode.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #29
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Blue ray wouldn't change anything so just drop it.

Producers tend to come out and complain when they don't have diskspace and the 360 just got slightly bigger discs even though it's mainly for hack prevention.

I really strongly doubt that the disc is anywhere near full, it's a matter of time more so than space constraints. If they came out and said that discs are holding them back than I could understand but they have never said that yet.

RTG has gotten insanely stale. If they made practices weekly that would be a long way towards helping out a bit, if I have to do 30 practice plays every day through the season ill be done with it within the year. They also need to add drills. Football players know that running full scrimmages is maybe 1/10th of what practice is. Maybe have OL vs. DL (and LB), CB (and LB) vs WR/TE, and pursuit drills (RB/ O-LINE) vs D, as well having every so often the ability to do a specific drill to boost your STR (Bench) ACL (40), Speed (Sprints) and so on.

It would be nice to add a rating that would show a players ability to remain at top speed, since it really is just a matter of once your at top speed you will always be at top speed in the game as it is now.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #30
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not a fan of RTG at all. I think it's a gimmick and an over glorified create-a-player. It's also ridiculous how the mode goes out of it's way to make sure you succeed right off the bat. They're doing some things to improve it but I would not miss it at all. I remember creating myself as a freshman and playing through my "career" back in like NCAA 04. I'm past doing all of that now.

That being said I never understood the desire to create your own stadium. Don't care about FCS teams either. So if they were going to remove RTG I'd hope they'd have a better reason.

Last edited by poopoop; 06-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
You are the only one
Thats certainly not true. RTG is stupid, and you lost to Kentucky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyPaul618
Thats certainly not true. RTG is stupid, and you lost to Kentucky.

I highly doubt he was in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »