Home

Conference Changing Formula

This is a discussion on Conference Changing Formula within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Conference Changing Formula

So with the ability to change conferences through dynasties, I was wondering if we could come up with a realistic formula to move teams throughout a dynasty.

Of course a team would have to do well to move up for a few years. But for how long and how well. How bad would a team need to be to move down, for how long?

Just thought we could get some discussion going about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Conference Changing Formula

For me I am going go off location and consider the records there recuriting class rank to say in the Big Ten Ill is doing bad and Northen IL is doing good well simple answer i move them around puting IL in C usa and northern to big10 if they were already in C-Usa(i actually do this quiet often). While say knowing kansas is always doing bad in big 12(always happen for me) i can move them out and look for someone to replace them in a year or two. However i am not going to go off one season for me if it goes more then 4+ years it more likely they are doing bad and need to be moved.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

I'd go by Prestige Rankings. Such as 1*, 2*...This is the game's evaluation of the program basically. I realize there might end up being some overlap of two many 2's or 1's or 3's...if really want a good idea look at some of the people talking about Relegation conferences...not for me, but it's a great idea.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

I like realism too much for that, I'm just looking for a realistic way to move teams around every say 4 dynasty years, make two to three moves.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

An idea I thought of is teams being able to change conferences that matches a Prestige level they have had for 3 consecutive years. i.e. FAU finishes with at least a 3 star prestige 3 years in a row and I'd look if possible to move them to a 3 star conference if they aren't in one. If any time during the years they dropped below the 3 year counter would start over. The same would apply to all Prestige rankings. As for dropping teams into lower conferences because of the discrepancy in rankings the real conferences have ,Vandy being a 2 star with multiple 5 and 6 star Programs in the SEC as an example , I suggest for AQ conferences only teams can be dropped by finishing as a 1 star prestige school 3 years consecutively.
OKC Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I like realism too much for that, I'm just looking for a realistic way to move teams around every say 4 dynasty years, make two to three moves.
Okay. Yeah me too. I really like the idea but it's just not for me. I would call myself a semi-realism fanatic. I like realism and default NCAA game ratings...but I really like to look to the future and new possibilities. With this in mind, 3* seems like the BCS dipstick. You should atleast have this rating to be in a BCS conference in my opinion. If you want to do this, I'd start with regular conferences and change conferences around in 2013 with these rankings in mind. 3*, regionally relevant conferences would be interesting
Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
Rookie

dshill's Arena

For moving to an AQ conference? I think the school has to have 6-star prestige for the move to happen in real life. Even though Utah, imo, is not a 6-star prestige program at the moment, teams seem to gain prestige stars easy in the game, so 6-star is a good criteria so you aren't moving tons of teams. For moving from, say, the SUn Belt to CUSA, 4 stars maybe? The demoted team would be the team with the poorest prestige rating (and possibly a criteria that charter members of a conference cannot be demoted, although this could be very restricting).

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

The fact TCU has been in the SWC, WAC, C-USA, MWC, and Big East in less than 20 years says there is no formula.

And who says you have to demote a team? The MAC added Temple and didn't kick anyone out. Although teams usually move in groups. Custom conferences was implemented for this purpose.

Region should be an effect, and it's got to be a lot of great football... unless you want to do a big move like in 2005. Presitge and location didn't have as much to do with it as much as conferences got raided, they had to do something. I don't consider Cinci and Louisville really the East, more of the midwest, but they had to replace BC, Miami, and VaTech. And then C-USA... a name that implies really no regionality at all raided the MAC and WAC. And then the WAC raided the Sun Belt and then the Sun Belt moved up 1AA teams... you get the idea. There shouldn't be a formula because it is not necessarily random, but it has to make sense as well. A formula may say "TIME TO MOVE!" and a move to the SEC may make sense, but honestly, would FAU go to the SEC? Maybe that potential 100,000 seat expansion makes sense after all.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 06-19-2011 at 05:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »