Home

Best "Surprise" Recruit You Ever Landed?

This is a discussion on Best "Surprise" Recruit You Ever Landed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Best "Surprise" Recruit You Ever Landed?

I use heisman recruiting it can be tough sometimes to land a top recruit if you aren't in Cali, Texas, or Florida but one time I got a one-star FB who came is as an 81 overall and was a beast, he ended up leading my team in TDs and was a beast as a blocker

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

As North Texas, way in like year 2024, I needed a new HB and QB combo like crazy because my senior backups graduated and my junior starters both declared. I got lucky, landed a 4* QB freshmen but could only get a 2* Juco JR HB, he wasn't great but he came in with sick speed, it was 94 or 95. Anyway, those two tore it up, rebounded from a 12-2 season (was 12-0 and then lost Big XII title game to 9-3 Kansas State and then lost the Sugar Bowl to 11-2 Florida) with a 14-0 NC twice in a row. That JR graduated as an 85, with 98 speed..
Old 06-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
In my Minnesota dynasty I landed a 4* juco athlete who had A+ speed and A catching and came in at 89 overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I use heisman recruiting it can be tough sometimes to land a top recruit if you aren't in Cali, Texas, or Florida but one time I got a one-star FB who came is as an 81 overall and was a beast, he ended up leading my team in TDs and was a beast as a blocker
I've been wanting to get a beast fullback, but every fullback I've recruited in 11 has been tuuurrible. And that's when I can actually manage to get one. Seems like I only get 2-3 max interested each year, and those are usually grabbed by Bama, OSU, Texas, etc.

I honestly can't recall getting any big surprise players. Seems like they're either what I expected, or worse and that's about it, with an occasional pleasantly surprised sprinkled in.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

One time in a Rice dynasty I got a 3 star WR, 5-9 165. After redshirting I moved him to RB and he tore it up. finished with a 90 rating his senior year. His senior year he ran for 1300 yards and caught 60 passes for 900 yards. He was pretty all of my offense.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I've been wanting to get a beast fullback, but every fullback I've recruited in 11 has been tuuurrible. And that's when I can actually manage to get one. Seems like I only get 2-3 max interested each year, and those are usually grabbed by Bama, OSU, Texas, etc.

I honestly can't recall getting any big surprise players. Seems like they're either what I expected, or worse and that's about it, with an occasional pleasantly surprised sprinkled in.
I have the same thing with the fullback recruiting, its so hard to find a good one. I usuaully recruit like 2-3 of Tight Ends and keep one at TE and the other one i'll change his position to FB and then redshirt him so when he gets the starting position he's usually pretty decent.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
Rookie

tahjimoto's Arena

OVR: 2

in my cal dynasty i landed a 4* MLB that i moved to be a RE his physical stats were unbelievable

6'5 260 Ilb

spd 92
strength 93
agilty 94
accelleration 96
sta 91
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457

I got a beast fullback. Joe Muhammed out of Tuscaloosca, Alabama. Picked me (Indiana) over Alabama. Great hands, and a good runner. He is my starting fullback and also my backup running back.

I can't recall any surprise recruits I've landed in detail, but I know I've recruited 3 star guys who turned out to be a great. And I recruited some 4 and 5 star guys who didn't do much for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »